Babblers Gaming Community: Liverpool Look Good Don't They? - Babblers Gaming Community

• 85 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Liverpool Look Good Don't They?

#21 User is offline   Zara 

• Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:56 PM

The fact is you got 3 points when you should have had 1. You got robbed of two points at home to Chelsea. What goes around comes around.

#22 User is offline   Iggy 

• That makes me a saaad Panda. :(
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE(OneJoelFifty @ Sep 11 2007, 13:13) View Post

Everyone makes it sound as though he dived in the area, got up and scored from the penalty spot.

Sheff United.

I am aware Fowler scored the pen that day. Shame really, for all his brilliance he does like searching for pens and free kicks.

This post has been edited by Iggy: 11 September 2007 - 03:17 PM

#23 User is offline   wowacedude 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(Zara @ Sep 11 2007, 15:56) View Post

The fact is you got 3 points when you should have had 1. You got robbed of two points at home to Chelsea. What goes around comes around.

Actually if you watched the Villa game we should have had 3 points anyway. Free kick or not.

This post has been edited by wowacedude: 11 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

#24 User is offline   Zara 

• Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

Aye, we should have had 5 at home to United last season.

#25 User is offline   winston 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

How did Gerrard cheat? He didn't go down, he didn't roll around. He just asked the ref for a free-kick. If that's cheating, then pretty much everyone in the league is a cheat. The fact that the ref gave a free-kick when perhaps it shouldn't have been given is besides the point. Then he scored one of the best free-kicks I've ever seen. Everyone makes it sound as though he dived in the area, got up and scored from the penalty spot.

Oooh, i may have touched a nerve tongue.gif

There is no perhaps about it, it shouldnt have been a freekick. It would of been interesting to see what happend if the situation was reversed. Ill bet a healthy sum that Villa would not of been getting any freekicks. He may as well have dived in the area and scored from the penalty spot. Its still cheating. He knew full well he wasnt fouled, he knew full well that they were going to draw the game, and if he had of made it to the penalty area, ill bet he wouldve gone down there if he couldnt finish it. The fact is Villa deserved there point. It pains me to say it, as a baggies fan, but they did.

Its one of the anomolies of English football, the big four clubs often get these decisions in there favor. Money is a powerfull thing...

#26 User is offline   Nall 

• I talk to the wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

Can't you sod off again?

#27 User is offline   winston 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

Im sorry, but theres no need for that. Im having a discussion, a debate. Im not insulting people, being disruptive, rude or genrally taking the piss.

I have an opinion, which i have expressed. I was hoping for a well reasoned and intresting opinion in return. Please accept my most humble of apologies if this is too much to ask.

#28 User is offline   wowacedude 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:07 PM

The fact is Villa deserved there point.

Did they shit.

#29 User is offline   Nall 

• I talk to the wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

I'm sorry. I apologise.

This post has been edited by Zara: 12 September 2007 - 03:17 PM

#30 User is offline   Grumps 

• Amasching
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

Definitely touched a nerve it seems.

#31 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(winston @ Sep 11 2007, 18:27) View Post

How did Gerrard cheat? He didn't go down, he didn't roll around. He just asked the ref for a free-kick. If that's cheating, then pretty much everyone in the league is a cheat. The fact that the ref gave a free-kick when perhaps it shouldn't have been given is besides the point. Then he scored one of the best free-kicks I've ever seen. Everyone makes it sound as though he dived in the area, got up and scored from the penalty spot.

Oooh, i may have touched a nerve tongue.gif

There is no perhaps about it, it shouldnt have been a freekick. It would of been interesting to see what happend if the situation was reversed. Ill bet a healthy sum that Villa would not of been getting any freekicks. He may as well have dived in the area and scored from the penalty spot. Its still cheating. He knew full well he wasnt fouled, he knew full well that they were going to draw the game, and if he had of made it to the penalty area, ill bet he wouldve gone down there if he couldnt finish it. The fact is Villa deserved there point. It pains me to say it, as a baggies fan, but they did.

Its one of the anomolies of English football, the big four clubs often get these decisions in there favor. Money is a powerfull thing...

Sorry but you still haven't answered how asking the referee for a decision is classed as cheating. Because it isn't.

I don't want to hear about Sheffield Utd Iggy! I don't think he can be labelled as someone that makes a habit of these things. It's just that being one of the best players in the world anything he does do gets magnified many times and is remembered by everyone.

#32 User is offline   winston 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:20 PM

Your right, it isnt. I think the point im making is that it clearly wasnt a foul, so im unsure why he even thought he could try his luck. Cheat is the wrong word, Im just naive enough to hope that theres still some sportsmanship in football.

This post has been edited by winston: 12 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

#33 User is offline   Mark 

• Ultimate Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

He does dive a lot.

In the England game against Israel when Heskey delivered that exquisite through ball with his chest, the guy who took out Gerrard was obviously going for him but he still played for it and did that stupid dive that he normally does, when there was clearly no need.

He has dived loads of times before for England too. While I respect what he can do and how good he is I really do not like him as a player.

#34 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:39 PM

Call me Arsene Wenger, but I didn't see the England game so I'm not going to comment. But I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose happy.gif

#35 User is offline   wowacedude 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Mark @ Sep 12 2007, 13:31) View Post

He does dive a lot.

In the England game against Israel when Heskey delivered that exquisite through ball with his chest, the guy who took out Gerrard was obviously going for him but he still played for it and did that stupid dive that he normally does, when there was clearly no need.

He has dived loads of times before for England too. While I respect what he can do and how good he is I really do not like him as a player.

I dont think there was anything wrong with what he did in the israel game, although in the past couple of seasons, "going down easy" is dfinetely creeping into his game and it is seriously cringeworthy sometimes.

#36 User is offline   winston 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

Its sadly becoming a part of many English players games. Gone are the days when we could moan about faggy italians going down all the time, as unfortunately, we are getting just as bad.

#37 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:14 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to thank winston and ChEeKy_MaRk for taking part in a mature debate without it descending into a name-calling session.

Thumb2.gif

#38 User is offline   wowacedude 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(OneJoelFifty @ Sep 12 2007, 15:14) View Post

I would like to take this opportunity to thank winston and ChEeKy_MaRk for taking part in a mature debate without it descending into a name-calling session.

Thumb2.gif

nice.

#39 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

Shut up Jol you tit.

yeah.gif

#40 User is offline   wowacedude 

• PipPipPip