• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ufc / Mma Anyone watch it?

#181 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:39 PM

Nick Diaz has signed to fight Jeff Lacy - boxing. Not sure what to think about this at all.

Also, last UFC event was the best in a long time.

#182 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:36 AM

Hi again chums,

I don't think Diaz will box, I think he'll fight GSP next. That would be a great fight...I was well impressed with Diaz in his fight with Daley, he's become one of my favourites to watch. It would be a tough fight for GSP; to win, he'd likely need to use smothering wrestling. But after his last fight, and the fight with Hardy, I can see the non-Canadian fans turning on him if he makes it boring. Diaz will want to bring it.

UFC 130 this weekend, and DREAM on Sunday. I'm going to see it live, very excited. Predictions anyone?

I take Rampage by second round TKO if he's on his game. Hamill's standup has always struck me as quite plodding, and I don't think he'll have a strength or speed advantage in the wrestling department. Rampage to get the counter-punch and finish it with the TKO on the floor (PLEASE RAMPAGE).

I'll go for Nelson to beat Mir, possibly be decision. I think he's got better cardio, and on the ground they are very well-matched. I think they actually competed together in a BJJ tournament and Nelson won. Might be wrong though.

#183 User is offline   Writer 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

I think if Rampage doesn't win, he will call it a day, which will be sad. Other than that, i've been out the loop on ufc for a while.

#184 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

Unless he is off his game in a big way he should win, he is superior in every way, he should be able to negotiate any takedowns and I dont think Hamill will even try, he will probably try and use his standup. You never know what can happen but I feel this is a bit of a reintroduction for rampage and not a really close call. The only way he loses is either by a KO, which is unlikely, or by gassing. Hamill will be in good shape - he always is.

In other news the next TUF is bisping v miller, should be good.

Joel, aoki should smash clementi. Ishida v hansen could be fight of the night!!

This post has been edited by DrWu: 27 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

#185 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:28 AM

So that UFC was kinda balls really! DREAM was good fun but went on for aaaaages. Aoki vs Clementi was a bit of a joke really. Tokoro vs Maeda was my favourite fight, a shame it ended with a massive punch in the balls.

The TUF finale was quite entertaining.

GSP vs Diaz!

#186 User is offline   Mule 

• mool
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

ggrrr!! My post somehow disapeared when I pressed post!! :(

The gist of it was.. UFC131... anyone watch it? Junior Dos Santos seems a cool guy and had a great performance against carwin!! Enjoyed JDS in TUF, and actually warmed to Brock Lesnar too during the season!! #teambisping in the next series!!

#187 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

UFC 132 was great, some really exciting fights and a lot of skill on show. Dos Santos seems like such a nice guy, I was really rooting for him against Carwin. I know DrWu watched it too.

#188 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Bit of thread necro action...

Anyone watch any of the other MMA promotions?

I have recently started watching 'Bellator' which is apparently the 2nd largest MMA promotion. Its actually really good and has a very different format to UFC. It is mostly done as tournaments, with the winner getting a shot at the belt. But they seem very good at matching fighters to make for an exciting fight.

Not many names you will recognise from the UFC, though a few will move over there soon I think. A lot of fighters coming from some of the other lesser known promotions like M1.

Bellator just gives you something else to watch in the (rather long) breaks between UFC events. Bellator is on pretty much every Friday night (easily torrentable as it isn't shown in the UK). I mean its not like TUF is worth watching for good fights :x

#189 User is offline   Earthy 

• Silly Person!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

this sport should be allowed sticks and knives and stuff

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic