Thanks!

ULTIMATE FIGHTER.

Thumb2.gif

#23 User is offline   Phelan 

• Do you use Quake?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:30 PM

I watched it tonight. I thought the special effects for the sinking of that German U-boat were phenomenal.

#24 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

So no one watched UFC 80? It was perhaps one of the best UFCs EVER. Check it out.

UFC 81 is already here! Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir and Big Timmy Sylvia vs Big Nog. Intriguing fights!

#25 User is offline   Zara 

• Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

I like the punching and kicking but the interspersed bouts of homo-erotic wrestling put me off.

#26 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

Once you get a little educated about the ground work then it's actually quite interesting!

#27 User is offline   Writer 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:03 PM

Lesnar owned, no defence = no chance unfortunately. Still managed to land a decent couple of shots. Decent future for him though if he can train to defend against what happened tonight (last night).

This post has been edited by Writer: 03 February 2008 - 11:05 PM

#28 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:37 AM

He was always going to get owned by an in shape Mir.

#29 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:16 AM

I think Mir was the worst possible matchup for Brock, other than perhaps an elite-level striker with good takedown defence. Mir is a big guy himself, and has a strong, very aggressive ground game. I still gave Brock a big chance to win though, he just showed his inexperience and got caught. I really think he's going to be a force, at least he didn't get armbarred or triangled!

Didn't you think it was awesome to see all the pro-wrestlers at ringside?! The Undertaker beat that big fat black guy with a gogoplata the other day in WWE, after trying and failing to put on the triangle choke, and the commentators were like "OMG WHAT WAS THAT?" Weird.

Really disappointed for Big Timmy, I thought he fought very well. Nog is awesome though, he's taken so many beatings and pulled out wins. Check out his fight with Bob Sapp if you haven't seen it before, he practically got killed before winning.

Please UFC can we see Tim Sylvia vs Frank Mir II?!

#30 User is offline   Writer 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

It would be natural progression to see Nog v Mir and possible even Lesnar v Slyvia (all out fist fight smile.gif )

#31 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

I'd like to see Lesnar go right to the bottom of the pile now and fight someone like Hardonk or Eddie Sanchez.

#32 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(DrWu @ Feb 4 2008, 17:35) View Post

I'd like to see Lesnar go right to the bottom of the pile now and fight someone like Hardonk or Eddie Sanchez.

I think he will, they'll build him up a bit.

Writer I don't think that makes sense, Mir hasn't done anything much. He's beaten Hardonk (possibly the most one-dimensional fighter in the UFC!) and the unproven Lesnar, who is now 1-1 in MMA. A fight with Sylvia gives him a chance to establish his credentials as a contender for the title. It makes sense for Sylvia at this stage in his career because Mir raised his stock in the eyes of the fans by beating Lesnar, so beating him would benefit Sylvia - something it wouldn't have done had they fought earlier on during Mir's comeback. I want to see Tim get brutal revenge for his loss!

#33 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:04 PM

Liddell vs Shogun is signed for LONDON in June! I'm definitely going to go, might be the only chance I ever have to see Chuck fight. Lesnar is also rumoured to be on the card, and I'd expect the UK regulars like Marcus Davis, Alessio Sakara and some of the other Europeans to be there too.

Anyone watch Kimbo vs Tank? It was entertaining.

#34 User is offline   JoeyBananas 

• Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

what the hell is tank abbot still doing in a ring? mind you, what else would he be doing

Can't believe how nuts everyone was going for a kimbo win over tank abbot.

#35 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:55 PM

Because they were Kimbo's home town fans! I really like Kimbo, he's got charisma!

#36 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:12 AM

UFC 82 tonight, showing on Bravo tomorrow night! Pretty awesome card from top to bottom:

Main Card Bouts:
-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#3 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Cheick Kongo (#10 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Heath Herring
-Jon Fitch (#4 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Chris Wilson
-Yushin Okami (#9 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Evan Tanner
-Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara

Preliminary Bouts:
-Andrei Arlovski (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Jake O'Brien
-Josh Koscheck (#5 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Dustin Hazelett
-Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)* vs. David Bielkheden
-Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
-Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

I'm taking Silva by TKO! 3rd or 4th round, Henderson is a tough guy. Should be a great fight.

#37 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:42 PM

I really don't know about this one. My head says Silva, but Henderson is one tough dude, his overhand right is heavy as fuck. Nagging feeling is with Henderson. If he can take Silva down and press him he is as good as anyone, but Silva is so good on his back. I don't see any area where Henderson has advantage - standing he's miles behind on paper, BJJ he's behind. I dunno.

I hope Herring takes Kongo down and rapes him.

Fitch will win.

I expect Okami to win.

Leben v Sakara is a lol. Leben only made the main card due to his lucky Ko over Martin, don't know if you seen that but it was a lol (great fight!) - I reckon Sakara will have class and win, if Leben wins this then maybe he has come of age and progressed.

Arlovski, if he fights like he should do, should KO O'Brien in round 1. Let's see if he has the motivation, due to his under card status and his contract dispute.

Koscheck\Sanchez\Cummo\Gurgel to win.

Good event this on paper, all fights, even the undercards are exciting.

#38 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(DrWu @ Mar 1 2008, 23:42) View Post

I really don't know about this one. My head says Silva, but Henderson is one tough dude, his overhand right is heavy as fuck. Nagging feeling is with Henderson. If he can take Silva down and press him he is as good as anyone, but Silva is so good on his back. I don't see any area where Henderson has advantage - standing he's miles behind on paper, BJJ he's behind. I dunno.

I hope Herring takes Kongo down and rapes him.

Fitch will win.

I expect Okami to win.

Leben v Sakara is a lol. Leben only made the main card due to his lucky Ko over Martin, don't know if you seen that but it was a lol (great fight!) - I reckon Sakara will have class and win, if Leben wins this then maybe he has come of age and progressed.

Arlovski, if he fights like he should do, should KO O'Brien in round 1. Let's see if he has the motivation, due to his under card status and his contract dispute.

Koscheck\Sanchez\Cummo\Gurgel to win.

Good event this on paper, all fights, even the undercards are exciting.

I think Herring's gonna get smacked around a little, get frustrated and lose a decision.

Fitch will win by TKO, late in the first or early second.

Okami by decision.

Leben will beat Sakara by TKO in the first. Sakara has no heart! He can't stand getting hit, and Leben will be happy to take a couple to get one in.

I agree with the rest, besides Gurgel.

Can't remember if those predictions are the same as the ones I made on Facebook.

#39 User is offline   Writer 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:47 PM

5 months time. UFC Hall of Famer - Mark Coleman vs Brock Lesnar in Minnesota.

#40 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:27 AM

Quite an intriguing matchup! Considering that Brock is essentially hoping to become the new Mark Coleman. No idea how that's going to go, but I think Brock takes it. It will be great if they just make the whole thing a test of strength wrestling match! They might start with a collar-and-elbow-tie-up. Then they'll take it in turn to charge each other, chest-to-chest. I'll take Lesnar by F5 after he reverses a Coleman powerbomb attempt. Seriously though, I'll take Lesnar by GNP.

Just how good is Anderson Silva?! Potentially the greatest fighter ever. It seems unlikely that Matt Lindland will return to the UFC, and he won't fight Paulo Filho because they are best mates. He'll probably get Okami next, and beat him. Other than him I see no one else deserving of a fight with Silva at Middleweight. I could even see him making an impression at LHW, certainly I don't think there's anyone that would be odds-on favourite against him.

Herring did well! I wasn't sure who I wanted to win, but as soon as the fight started I was rooting for Heath. I really don't want to see Herring vs Nog IV though, surely they can't give him a title shot... I think they should resign Arlovski and make his first fight a title fight.

Good event Thumb2.gif

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users