Page 1 of 1

Cs:source Another question

#1 User is offline   [TCSUK]Bullet 

• I Like Cheese!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:18 AM

Sorry to be a pain but,,,,,,,,

Really enjoying CS:S again but i seem to be suffering somewhere.

Does anyone know a website that shows how to's on CS:S buyscripts and what my rates and config should be these days.
Back in the day i remember having the "F" keys bound to weapon buys.
Also i seem to be getting shot an extraordinary amount of times and not getting a single shot of mine hitting , even tho i can clearly see the other player 2 feet in front of me getting hit by my bullets.

My ping in servers is good , i'm on a 10 meg cable line but just don't seem to be hitting people, do rates matter anymore????

I only play on secure servers so i don't believe i am playing against any cheats.

Dave.

#2 User is offline   Rahr 

• Buttons!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

From what i gather having played recently, rates shouldn't be needed to be changed. What you should do is bring down the console and get the net graph up (net_graph 1) to see if you are getting any packet loss or choke (and ping/fps). Default rates are something around the following

rate: 20000
cl_updaterate: 60
cl_cmdrate: 60

I think back in the day we used to keep the top one the same and up the other two up to about 100.

But i'm sure someone who is clued up on all this will explain it better. As for buyscripts i've never used them, just got used to the sequence of buying what i wanted.

#3 User is offline   NutSack 

• \m/
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

What FPS do you get?

If you are getting a pretty constant 100 you should use

rate 30000
cl_updaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 100
fps_max 101
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.0

Try and get on servers with Zblock installed as they restrict people using crappy rates and dodgy commands.

Most of the servers in this post http://forums.enemydown.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91755 should be fairly decent.

This should give you a fairly decent idea of how to use weapon binds in css - http://www.pro-hl.com/css_weapons.shtml

So if you wanted buying AK47/M4 bound to F4 you would put

bind F4 buy "weapon_ak47; weapon_m4a1"

I think thats correct.... tongue.gif I've got all my binds in my autoexec at home, shall look at them again tonight if I remember.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users