• 3 Pages +

Cspromod

#1 User is offline   ColdFire` 

• cF
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hi all

This may have been discussed before but here goes just wondering what people thought of this http://cspromod.com/

I am gonna give it a go if it does finally get released it seems a good concept anyway.

#2 User is offline   NutSack 

• \m/
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hopefully 1.04 will be out soon, 1.03 was cack.

If they do it right it's what CS Source should have been.

#3 User is offline   Wyted 

• You rock my world!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:05 AM

Bump... Apparently this is due for release on 31st January 2010.

I hope it plays as good as it looks. I HATE SOURCE.

#4 User is offline   Krade 

• JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:19 PM

having just watched the Vid of the CSpro Maps one thing that strikes me is that after palying Cod4, Cod5 & MW2 BFBC ect the maps are pretty barren no bushes, no litter, no Atmposphere they look too sterile.

One of the best things in MW2 ect is that you can hide in bushes and amongst trees which give you loads of different hidding places.

As good as Classic maps Like Dust2 and Train and Nuke are the new CS-pro Versions don't offer anything new. The same hidding places the same timmings, I would have liked to see either brand new maps or more new nooks and crannies to make use of in the newer versions of maps.

This post has been edited by Krade: 05 January 2010 - 01:21 PM

#5 User is offline   Wyted 

• You rock my world!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

That's the point though. It's old school CS. A bit of nostalgia for us oldies who played the original to death and then some.

I can honestly say that no game has ever gripped me like CS did and I'm looking forward to playing this, and hopefully it will kick off a revival and get people playing it again, but I doubt it.

#6 User is offline   BillMillion 

• ;x :E :/ ;>
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

It looks interesting. I think i'll give it a whirl, for old times sakes.

It'll never be the same though will it, the 'old' cs days! I'd need to be playing with the same old guys to be able to roll back the good ol' times. :[

#7 User is offline   Jexa 

• Everyone makes mistakes
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

CS would definitely be a much better game if it had more bushes to hide in, you're right.

#8 User is offline   Wyted 

• You rock my world!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(Jexa @ Jan 13 2010, 17:30) View Post

CS would definitely be a much better game if it had more bushes to hide in, you're right.

Jexay!

Bush yeah.gif Bush

This post has been edited by Wyted: 18 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

#9 User is offline   Krade 

• JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

Its not juist hiding in Bushes its more the lack of atmosphere on the maps.

#10 User is offline   Mule 

• mool
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(Jexa @ Jan 13 2010, 16:30) View Post

lol

#11 User is offline   Jackfrost 

• Hi! I'm Mark Doyle!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

CS was never about trees and scenery though was it? You never looked at the yellow brick walls of inferno and thought...wow i'm in a morrocan village!

The best maps were the ones with a good few defined choke points, areas to snipe from and decent close quarters fights..no one cared about atmosphere from the game (cl_stopsound) as the atmosphere on publics came from banter over voice comms or in matches from vent chat!

I'm doubting it'll ever be the same, we're all a good few (6 years for me) years older than we we were when we actually played on an almost daily basis!

#12 User is offline   Krade 

• JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

Its more a case of Online MP FPS's have moved on so much over the last few years and these CSpro mod maps look exactly the same as 1.6/source maps maybe a bit more shiney, you would have thought with the latest mod they would have taken the graphics forward. To me I could switch that on and think I've gone back in time 6 years.

Do you really want a nostalgic FPS that looks no differenet from what you've been playing for the last 10 years?

#13 User is offline   Jackfrost 

• Hi! I'm Mark Doyle!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:41 PM

Graphics clearly make the game for you!

#14 User is offline   Krade 

• JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

Not just graphics make a game. The whole thing about CS was the social aspect of it more than the gameplay. Getting together for Clan wars practices, the YO/ SAS and Shite servers, fun map nights ect, the clan matches, clan boards we're all a bigger part of the game than the actual game, but surely they have to update the game engine and graphics to make the game appeal to new and old users alike.

I can think of one example for me that sums it up. Possibly the best ever playability game was the original mario Kart on the N64, I bought the n64 and Mario kart from Ebay plugged it and spent 15 mins reliving the game then realising that it was best remembered with fond memories and nostalgia.

As they say you should never meet an childhood idol as they will always be dissapointing.

This post has been edited by Krade: 20 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

#15 User is offline   Jexa 

• Everyone makes mistakes
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

I know the reason I like CS is because it lacks all the bullshit you are talking about. It's more geared for the competitive, which is something that cod and whatever else never managed for me.

#16 User is offline   snafu 

• Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:56 AM

COD was far too random.

Krade: I still play quakeworld. You know how much I could go on about that versus other games and how I still consider a team game of that to be way more competetive than a game of CS. This is not to say CS is bollocks because it clearly isn't, it's still a very good game. I can still play doom and not flinch. A good game stands the test of time because of it's good gameplay. They dont need amazing graphics, the graphics just need to not be eye rippingly shit.

As for Mario Kart on the N64, I've been playing that with the Mrs lately and I have to say it's a lot better than that GC double dash nonsense and it is to Mario Kart what QW is to Q3. Sure you've got all your silky smooth tracks with jump ramps and "improved" (that is to say perhaps a tad more realistic?) physics - but it lacks the ****y things that can leave you with furrowed brows after a race with your mate. Take Wario Stadium on the N64 version. It's got that crossover ramp which, with a well timed powerup (lightning or similar), can send your opponent miles back with you taking 1st place.

The Wii version has it's charm for sure, but it's not the same.

I can understand making complicated actions in a game more accessible to a degree, for instance - did you know that in SF4 you can perform a dragon punch with DF,DF,P instead of F,D,F,P ? This makes it easier on pad players but has the unwanted side effect of making every fucking Ken player you come across seem like a hyper kinetic flailing retard waggling their stick in the lower right and mashing fierce punch. (Only to be thrown, admittedly). That's probably a good way to look at this mod too. The original HL engine is very outdated now - the Source Engine is better. You don't run a car for 10 years without changing some parts here and there, do you? I play with updated QW clients for this very reason.

There is a big difference though, between fine tuning something and giving it a bit of proverbial bling and completely reworking the gaming experience so people can hide in bushes calling in helicopters and airstrikes while the ever present sun blinds you with layers and layers of bloom.

- Steve

#17 User is offline   ColdFire` 

• cF
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

Looking good shame my PC will crumble if I try and run it!

http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/story/44800/

#18 User is offline   Juicey 

• deaN-
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

Looks good, I've been following the progress of this and will be giving it a whirl when the beta comes forth on Sunday.

#19 User is offline   Smooth 

• Simply Immense.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:43 AM

Looking good indeed. Must have a go when I've got the time.

#20 User is offline   wowacedude 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

Just played it for about 15 minutes, just feels like source to me. the player models and guns will be changed for the next beta though and i think that will be the real key to whether i want to play it or not. they're just such a huge part of the game.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users