• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New Ogame Ui What do you think of it?

#1 User is offline   ste 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:04 AM

Personally I think it's terrible.

It's taken me 15mins to find out how to send a fleet off on a transport mission!

I don't think it could look and feel any worse if they had hired George Lucas to redesign it!

#2 User is offline   TheRobster 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:10 AM

It's rubbish...

Okay to be fair, I could probably get used to it if I persevere.

What they've basically done though is taken a design which was clear and functional and completely fucked up the useability in order to make it look pretty.

Well done GameForge, you tools... :rolleyes:

#3 User is offline   ste 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

To make it a little more bareable you need to install these 2 addons into firefox.

https://addons.mozil...efox/addon/748/

and then

http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/58952

This at least puts the fleets etc on the main page, so you can actually tell if your being attacked! It also names all the stupid icons dotted around the central picture (which considering it takes up the top half of the screen, has no function other than to look pretty and will soon become very boring, is the biggest fuck up of the redesign).

If you then go into the Antigame within Ogame and select Events List and then tick the 'reduced events list' and change the 'position of events list on the screen' to 'on top' You have an almost workable overview screen.

This post has been edited by ste: 01 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

#4 User is offline   TheRobster 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

I've not actually been attacked or even probed since the RD went live...guess no-one else can figure it out either. :rolleyes:

#5 User is offline   ste 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:51 AM

Im kinda getting used to it now, the scripts help a lot.

Can't say I like it tho. I will prob call it quits if im honest.

OO found a useful feature!!! In the Empire view you can now switch it to show all the moons instead. Very useful for making sure you haven't left any res/fleet on a moon by accident when you logout.

This post has been edited by ste: 01 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

#6 User is offline   TheRobster 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

I might not quit, I'm just gonna sit at work though and fire single IPMs at Cammie as soon as I have res to do so, and constantly send probes at 10% speed so they take ages to get there and back.

#7 User is offline   Axey 

• Oooooh, nice drums :P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

You get used to it tbh. If you are being attacked, the fleet screen on the main page will pulse red at you. I'd rather have stayed with the old UI but hey, can't have everything.

#8 User is offline   TheRobster 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

Thing is I don't see the point in changing the old uni's over...a lot of them are dieing so changing the interface is hardly likely to bring in many new players in itself...and it'll just annoy a lot of the older players who would have stuck around out of habit (with some of them paying for officers, dark matter etc).

All I can see this doing is hastening the death of the older unis (maybe this is what GF want but hard to see why when the older unis would still be bringing in money due to the 'die hards' continuing to play).

#9 User is offline   Axey 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:02 PM

Should have merged older Uni's before doing the UI change tbh. May have kept some people interested enough to ignore the change over.

#10 User is offline   ste 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

The main problems with this are..

1) They hide most of the relevent data, or make it only possible to see bits of it at a time.

2) The ui actually makes a very simple game very complicated to play. They is little to no help. I hate to think what a newcomer to the game would think, im struggling and i've been playing for 3 years.

As for the spotting an inc fleet? It's rubbish. Instead of the old style lines of red text that immediatly told you what was happening you know have to notice a little flashing icon on a very busy screen full of unexplained icons lol.

#11 User is offline   Penthesilea 

• Manidoo Bebezhigooganzhii
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

View Postste, on 01 June 2010 - 04:19 PM, said:

The main problems with this are..

1) They hide most of the relevent data, or make it only possible to see bits of it at a time.

2) The ui actually makes a very simple game very complicated to play. They is little to no help. I hate to think what a newcomer to the game would think, im struggling and i've been playing for 3 years.

As for the spotting an inc fleet? It's rubbish. Instead of the old style lines of red text that immediatly told you what was happening you know have to notice a little flashing icon on a very busy screen full of unexplained icons lol.

Be glad they left the Astrophysics out. I see no issues with it as I have played in both Andromeda and Electra. :P and had some peeps from my alliances there to help me :) Oh yeah, I forget they also gave out tutorial help with the new unis so you have some sort of understanding of the RD.

This post has been edited by Penthesilea-Equinox: 01 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

#12 User is offline   TheRobster 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

View Postste, on 01 June 2010 - 04:19 PM, said:

Classic case of style over content tbh. With the original UI most of the graphics/text conveyed information...now I'd say 80%+ of the graphics/text don't really tell you anything useful. It's a mess...can't tell wtf is going on half the time and most of the display doesn't actually do anything anymore!

#13 User is offline   ste 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:44 PM

Anyone tried this on their smart phones yet?

Im too scared in case it starts smoking and stuff :P

#14 User is offline   Axey 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

lol - don't play on anything except the work pc :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic