Babblers Gaming Community: Rangers & Celtic Shirt Sponsor - Babblers Gaming Community

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rangers & Celtic Shirt Sponsor

#1 User is offline   Kane 

  • Here comes your Warrior
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 1,206
  • Joined: 14-January 03

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

Do Rangers and Celtic have some agreement that they are always sponsored by the same companies? I only ask cause i remember when NTL was around they was both sponsored by them, a few seasons ago they both had Carling, and now this season (i don't know if it was last season aswell) they are both sponsored by Tennants

#2 User is offline   Sticky 

  • crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 13,766
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

The arrangement comes from whoever decides to sponsor the clubs. I remember growing up in Scotland, and CR Smith (an old double glazing firm, I think) were one of the first to sponsor both at the same time. They do this because they alienate roughly half of Scotland and Ireland if they sponsor only one of the two clubs - and people really will not buy from a company if they sponsor the opposition.

#3 User is offline   Goatfacekillah 

  • Model600
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 4,730
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

View PostSticky, on 18 September 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

The arrangement comes from whoever decides to sponsor the clubs. I remember growing up in Scotland, and CR Smith (an old double glazing firm, I think) were one of the first to sponsor both at the same time. They do this because they alienate roughly half of Scotland and Ireland if they sponsor only one of the two clubs - and people really will not buy from a company if they sponsor the opposition.


I really don't buy anything from United's sponsors - even past ones. Not long ago the mrs wanted a Sharp microwave and I bought a more expensive Panasonic one to avoid it.

#4 User is offline   DrWu 

  • The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 20,093
  • Joined: 22-March 03

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

I have an aversion to Crown Paints.

#5 User is offline   Krade 

  • JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 9,315
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

View PostGoatfacekillah, on 18 September 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

View PostSticky, on 18 September 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

The arrangement comes from whoever decides to sponsor the clubs. I remember growing up in Scotland, and CR Smith (an old double glazing firm, I think) were one of the first to sponsor both at the same time. They do this because they alienate roughly half of Scotland and Ireland if they sponsor only one of the two clubs - and people really will not buy from a company if they sponsor the opposition.


I really don't buy anything from United's sponsors - even past ones. Not long ago the mrs wanted a Sharp microwave and I bought a more expensive Panasonic one to avoid it.



Same with me I refuse to buy anything made by Samsung.

#6 User is offline   Sticky 

  • crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 13,766
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

I won't knowingly use anything from any firm that has their name on the scum shirt either. I don't buy anything made by Nike for the same reason. I thought I was being childish, but it looks like I'm in good company. :coolface:

#7 User is offline   Visker 

  • Live long and prosper, you dig?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 11,362
  • Joined: 05-June 03

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

View PostKrade, on 19 September 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

View PostGoatfacekillah, on 18 September 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

View PostSticky, on 18 September 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

The arrangement comes from whoever decides to sponsor the clubs. I remember growing up in Scotland, and CR Smith (an old double glazing firm, I think) were one of the first to sponsor both at the same time. They do this because they alienate roughly half of Scotland and Ireland if they sponsor only one of the two clubs - and people really will not buy from a company if they sponsor the opposition.


I really don't buy anything from United's sponsors - even past ones. Not long ago the mrs wanted a Sharp microwave and I bought a more expensive Panasonic one to avoid it.



Same with me I refuse to buy anything made by Samsung.


What would you do if Subaru sponsored Chelsea?

#8 User is offline   DrWu 

  • The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 20,093
  • Joined: 22-March 03

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100108063233/uncyclopedia/images/archive/b/b5/20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

#9 User is offline   Krade 

  • JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 9,315
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

View PostDrWu, on 19 September 2011 - 10:51 PM, said:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100108063233/uncyclopedia/images/archive/b/b5/20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif



Probably LOL

#10 User is offline   Zara 

  • Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 6,198
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

You're all nuts. I don't give a shit.

#11 User is offline   DrWu 

  • The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 20,093
  • Joined: 22-March 03

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

For what it's worth I don't really have a dislike of Crown Paints, I am sure they are amazing.

#12 User is offline   Visker 

  • Live long and prosper, you dig?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 11,362
  • Joined: 05-June 03

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

View PostZara, on 20 September 2011 - 01:17 PM, said:

You're all nuts. I don't give a shit.


Unfortunately Glasgow is rife with people that do care.
Almost as bad as some parts of Belfast, if not.. worse.

#13 User is offline   Earthy 

  • Silly Person!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 4,569
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

Scotland, eh, its a silly place.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users