Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlefield 3 Open Beta

#1 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

This Thursday, the open beta will be available for all platforms.

All the video demos I've seen so far make this look like a big step forward for FPS gaming. It looks incredible. I'll be downloading it as soon as I can.

Anyone else excited?

#2 User is offline   Thrawn 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

Downloading the beta now :naughty:

#3 User is offline   Jackfrost 

• Hi! I'm Mark Doyle!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

Downloaded for the PC the other day, plays Ok on my 3 year old pc. Graphically its very nice, massive jump forward in texture detail, the trees look amazing frankly. Game play I'm not sure about yet, it has a more realistic feel than modern warfare, which looked very real but felt "arcadey", it was very playable though. This makes it more difficult to tell where you're being shot at from and who killed you. When you're out in the open its also difficult to pick out targets and when you can, its difficult to tell if you're actually hitting them..there's very little feedback.

There's also something I dislike, the flash lights. I don't know if anyone else has played it, but what the fuck? I even get blinded by my team when they turn around and face me, cant see shit.

#4 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Yah flash lights are gay... annoying as hell.

#5 User is offline   Krade 

• JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Played the Xbox beta on Metro map

Looks great plays well, animations stiill look a bit Battlefield 2142 to me.

Took me a while to get into it but when I have its been prety impressive. Doesn't seem to be as much of a conection whore as BLOPS. Was a bit miffed at the distance it spawns you as an attacker when you get to the 1st underground section. the com units are half way down the 1st platform and it spawns you outside by com unit B so you have a masssive run to get to the action.

The Torches are a pain in the arse lost count how many times I've sprayed at the sod and missed completly. Also seem to shoot somone, think they are dead and there not quite often maybe that being used to Blops which seem to take less hits to kill.

No vehicles in the demo :(

want to see MW3 before comminting to buy BF3

This post has been edited by Krade: 05 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

#6 User is offline   Thrawn 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

The spawning can be greatly improved by recon guys deploying mobile spawn points nearer the bomb points, the tactical lights are supposed to blind the enemy but i find them to be annoying, you get blinded by your own team and they give away your position before you even get a shot off.

loving the EoD bot the engineer gets, being able to plant or defuse the bomb with it is brilliant, also you can run people over with it or burn them with the plasma torch.

#7 User is offline   RoMeRz 

• Olsen!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

I think the map on the beta is fucking awful, so much that I can't get into the game at all : (

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users