Babblers Gaming Community: Only Days Away... - Babblers Gaming Community

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Only Days Away... So who's going to be playing?

#1 User is offline   Reevey 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Firstly, HEY! Been a while since i've been (actively) around these parts. So for the ones that don't remember me, I was a part of the UK2 community that migrated over to Babblers (Was along part of the legendary TCSUK).

Anyway (like anybody cares...) with Battlefield 3 just days away, who's going to be playing? I've somehow ended up with two servers from Friday (64 & 32, will post IPs on here).

#2 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hi Rev,
Long time no see :9
I will be playing for sure, so watch out for ClogMan :naughty:

#3 User is offline   Reevey 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

Hello stranger :D

Shall we start a nice list of everybody's Battlelog usernames? mine is reevey13

#4 User is offline   anT- 

• Aka Kamikazi Pnut!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

I'll be there for sure.
Username: anTastico

#5 User is offline   Reevey 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

The proxy thing works btw, if you bought the game on Origin...

Go to proxy, set it to the below image
Login to Origin
Click install game, and do that shizzle
Once complete, log out of Origin
Change your proxy settings back
Log back into Origin
Enjoy BF3 three days early

http://excitedesign.net/captureutf.png

If you're not sure about doing the above, www.enterbf3.com have an article about it, and mention that they've had reports of EA agreeing that it's NOT breaking their TOS. If you are at all unsure, they DONT DO IT. Simples.

I'm downloading it now, and getting on the case to Multiplay to get the servers set up for tomorrow :)

If you haven't signed up on Battlelog (you'll have to do it again, even if you done it for the beta), get on there now and join our Platoon

I'm ever so slightly excited :D

This post has been edited by Reevey: 25 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

#6 User is offline   Reevey 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

http://battlelog.bat...1-0ad3fb1953c0/ <<<< server :D

#7 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

Any played it yet ? i'm still at work and mostly read bad stuff from the forums.

#8 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

Hey Reevey,

Well my copy arrived (from Amazon) in the post today. I'll have to get origin set up and the game installed tonight. No idea if it'll let me play before midnight though... Even if it does, doubt there will be many MP servers up and running.

#9 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

"Cannot activate BF3"....awesome :( :@

#10 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

Well got it going in the end, though it took most of the night.

Only time for a couple of quick rounds, but it looks ace and seems to play smoothly.

Username: tcsukninja

Have added people off the thread already.

#11 User is offline   Reevey 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

Welcome aboard solider! :D

#12 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

OMG still waiting for the Origin activation fix...fecking last time i purchase from Origin...*rage*

#13 User is offline   Deadly Chicken 

• Buk Buk motherf**ker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:34 AM

seems buggier than the beta, which played quite smoothly for me. Different bugs mostly though ;) MUCH laggier, I am not sure if that's just coz more people are hammering the servers with 12 GB downloads and wotnot ?.

Also I started the campaign on hard, not coz I am good ( lol far from it ) but because I didnt want aim assist, and seem to be spending a lot of time watching a Loading ... screen :/.

I might be the only one but I quite liked the metro map, I know rush isn't typical battlefield, which I always found a little disappointing unless you could team up properly. nearly didnt get it, in the end I did, after it was released, and still got all the preorder "extras"

DeadlyChickenXoP

Also I did the auto team match thing, and it put me on a server with a .co.uk name ? surely I cant play with you lot from Aus ?

This post has been edited by Deadly Chicken: 28 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

#14 User is offline   ColdFire` 

• cF
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:45 AM

I take it you lot are playing the PC version? Anyone got it for the XBox? Will hopefully be purchasing today, going nip in Sainsburys see if they got any deals on.

#15 User is offline   Mental 

• Lurker
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostDeadly Chicken, on 28 October 2011 - 08:34 AM, said:

seems buggier than the beta, which played quite smoothly for me. Different bugs mostly though ;) MUCH laggier, I am not sure if that's just coz more people are hammering the servers with 12 GB downloads and wotnot ?.

Also I started the campaign on hard, not coz I am good ( lol far from it ) but because I didnt want aim assist, and seem to be spending a lot of time watching a Loading ... screen :/.

I might be the only one but I quite liked the metro map, I know rush isn't typical battlefield, which I always found a little disappointing unless you could team up properly. nearly didnt get it, in the end I did, after it was released, and still got all the preorder "extras"

DeadlyChickenXoP

Also I did the auto team match thing, and it put me on a server with a .co.uk name ? surely I cant play with you lot from Aus ?

It has been the other way round for me so far :) Beta crashed for me almost as soon as i joined, still having some issues with random crashes but the game flows a lot better. Haven't installed the latest nvidia drivers yet so hopefully that will take care of most of my problems with bf3 (y)
undermyboot is my username

#16 User is offline   [TCSUK]Dean 

• aka Lex Talionis
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

Lo lads.

I should be on later; well thats if my PC can run it. Had some browser issue with the beta so didn't get chance to try it.

My username is: Lex_Tali0nis

#17 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:58 AM

I'm having massive massive problems with people not realising that this is much more team orientated than most other shooters. Medics and Engineers are usually OK, but it seems the support class attracts a sort of console player who still thinks they're playing COD, and doesn't know or care that they alone can give their buddies more bullets (and more importantly and annoyingly, anti tank rockets).

Another annoyance is people who bail from aircraft. Getting airborne kills is very, very difficult, just because everyone bails at the first sight of trouble - finishing a round with 5 kills and 2000 points in a jet seems a bit weird. Though its pretty understandable for the most part, especially with planes. once they're on fire they're basically fucked. Not getting the reward for it remains annoying though, especially after an epic dogfight.

Favourite part so far is the choppers - Wrestling a burning wreck to the ground, jumping out, getting a 10 second countdown to return to battle, repairing it back to full strength and jumping back in before you run out of time is pretty good fun - really enjoyable. Even better if you can send some rockets to the guy who shot you in the first place. Though again with the teamwork - nobody ever relies on you, or can be relied upon. I suppose that'd be pretty difficult to find unless you were playing with people you know well, and are in voice contact with, but its things like your chopper gunner bailing out when you've got shit 100% under control after taking a missile or two, or even worse, being sat in the back of a little bird or a huey with your blowtorch out patching up the newest holes just to realise your pilot already has his feet on the ground.

Worst example of this was playing rush on caspian border - we're on our way towards the attack points in a Huey, full crew, barely left our own base. Whip out a stinger launcher, get missile lock on their ground attack jet trying to get our vehicles attacking - as soon as the guys in the chopper heard MY missile lock on tone, all 4 of them bailed out. We hadn't taken a scratch, nobody was locking us, but at the first sign of what they thought was trouble, they ran - barely got out myself after firing the rocket. Why cant people wait until there's perhaps 20% health left on the thing, basically until curtains is certain, before making their move?

So for the love of God, act like a member of the PC gaming master race that we all once were. BE DEPENDABLE.

#18 User is offline   Deadly Chicken 

• Buk Buk motherf**ker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Didnt there used to be a way to switch seats in vehicles when someone vacated one seat ?

there's lots I don't know about this game tho .. like the rpg upgrade ? can that only work on aircraft ? not on tanks ? as I cant fire without a lock and it only seems to lock on aircraft.

Also how can you tel your ping ? I only see it in the battlelog browser thing, and it shows like a mobile reception bars. seems they all look exactly the same, yet some servers I warp about on like a laggy little thing and others I seem smooth ?

is there a way to see it in game.

Also, in the beta, I am sure I saw someone who was ducked behind cover, put his gun over the wall and spray without looking, or was this one of the trailers I watched for another game ??

Finally I am fairly impressed with how well my system handles it. its getting a bit long in the tooth.

Core2Quad Q6600 (2.4) o/c to 3.0 GHz
8 GB 1066 DDR2 RAM
2 x hd 5770 in crossfire ( just recently brought a second one as it was so cheap, totally different layout and company from the first one, but crossfire works well )
also against all internet advice I am using only a 550 Watt PSU ( but its a decent one from corsair ) no power issues as far as I can tell. bf3 auto set everything to very high and one thing to ultra I think, at 1920 x 1200.

single player has had the odd moment where it appears to struggle, multiplayer does not seem to have those issues, but I have been getting really bad lag on some servers or some maps .. not sure which yet.

what did smooth end up building to run it ?

This post has been edited by Deadly Chicken: 01 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

#19 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:50 AM

There is a bindable key for switching seats in vehicles.
Otherwise just press F1, F2 etc. to switch around free positions (or between driver and gunner if alone).

#20 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

the first RPG upgrade is just anti-air. Not even that great against air targets and 90% of people seem to have the chaff ability which has a seemingly tiny cooldown. There is another RPG upgrade later which I assume is a targeted anti-tank.

Not sure about the ping in-game.

Not seen any firing from cover either.

I have noticed some lag on some servers, might only be particular maps. Doesn't seem to be connectivity/ping just seems like server lag.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users