Babblers Gaming Community: Only Days Away... - Babblers Gaming Community

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Only Days Away... So who's going to be playing?

#21 User is offline   Deadly Chicken 

• Buk Buk motherf**ker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

baah Backend server issues after ea tried to run maintenance on them. Its about an hour after the maintenance was supposed to finish.

#22 User is offline   Reevey 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

zoiX - Sadly that's the way some people are. I've had to work really hard with the choppers to get them ranked up a bit, just about to air radar for my attack and maintenance for my scout. The way I see it, put in the effort now on the choppers, cause once you've rank up and got all the way through to the good stuff, you'll be controlling the air.

Hope we're all having fun playing, I've actually ended up playing on the ps3 more (which even shocked me) but as zoiX said, it's better with your mates. We've had 3 ps3's lined up over the weekend.

What ranks are we all? I'm rank 25 after 33hours. Completed assault all the way through. Got myself a medal and another on the way.

Got to admit, loving this game. It's awesome.

EDIT: Anybody used the guided shell yet? How much fun is that. Got my mate setting up his soflam and i just chill back with my tank, get a lock on and BOOOOOOOM.

This post has been edited by Reevey: 03 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

#23 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

View PostReevey, on 03 November 2011 - 09:19 AM, said:

zoiX - Sadly that's the way some people are. I've had to work really hard with the choppers to get them ranked up a bit, just about to air radar for my attack and maintenance for my scout. The way I see it, put in the effort now on the choppers, cause once you've rank up and got all the way through to the good stuff, you'll be controlling the air.

Hope we're all having fun playing, I've actually ended up playing on the ps3 more (which even shocked me) but as zoiX said, it's better with your mates. We've had 3 ps3's lined up over the weekend.

What ranks are we all? I'm rank 25 after 33hours. Completed assault all the way through. Got myself a medal and another on the way.

Got to admit, loving this game. It's awesome.

EDIT: Anybody used the guided shell yet? How much fun is that. Got my mate setting up his soflam and i just chill back with my tank, get a lock on and BOOOOOOOM.

If you're playing this on PS3 lots, I'd love to get in on that. PSN id is zoiX!

#24 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

Im lvl 19 now after 21h, spreading my action around all classes, trying out the various guns and equipment. Main focus is Assault and Engineer though.
Liking it sofar despite annoying bugs (fix the damn spotting key !!)

This post has been edited by FullMetalJacket: 03 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

#25 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Think I'm about level 14 and 10 hours in.

Really need to put more time in on vehicles. I saw somewhere that there were levels in the single player where you got to pilot the plane and helicopter, anyone played enough of the SP to know? Just thinking that would be a good place to practice before having a go online...

#26 User is offline   Reevey 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'll add you when I get home zoix. So far we've got about 6 of us playing together regularly. Together we're all ranking up really quickly, especially thanks to squad specs (y)

Only problem with PS3 is the mic situation. Bought a bluetooth headset just for it and nobody can hear me, to be fair, out of the 6 of us, only one of our mics actually works

#27 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Just got guided missiles for both scout and attack helicopters. Feels good, man.

#28 User is offline   Deadly Chicken 

• Buk Buk motherf**ker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

I have been playing through the SP. I did the plane level, but you are the gunner not the pilot so its not much help learning how to fly. I expect the same will be true of the helicopter as its so scripted as a single player game that they wont let you fly wherever you want.

only got to pilot a chopper once in mp, I'm not very good at it. I think I am level 10 after about 10 hours. But cannot play now as it just says backend servers are down, and when it lets me in, it disconnects after about 3 minutes. Still, I played the beta for about 10 hours and now this for 10 hours (not including sp ) which all up is 4 times longer than I bothered playing duke nukem for so its a bargain compared to that game :P.

#29 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

View PostDeadly Chicken, on 03 November 2011 - 10:05 PM, said:

I have been playing through the SP. I did the plane level, but you are the gunner not the pilot so its not much help learning how to fly. I expect the same will be true of the helicopter as its so scripted as a single player game that they wont let you fly wherever you want.

only got to pilot a chopper once in mp, I'm not very good at it. I think I am level 10 after about 10 hours. But cannot play now as it just says backend servers are down, and when it lets me in, it disconnects after about 3 minutes. Still, I played the beta for about 10 hours and now this for 10 hours (not including sp ) which all up is 4 times longer than I bothered playing duke nukem for so its a bargain compared to that game :P.

If you can find a friend to play with, practice on the co-op mission in the chopper. They're the hardest thing to get used to, but once you can use them they're fantastic tank-killers. I'm at the stage where i can pretty much disable a tank on the first flypast. That level is the best practice you'll get though.

#30 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

Not tried any of the co-op maps... If anyone fancies trying them on the PC then let me know.

I see there are some co-op specific weapon unlocks for MP.

#31 User is offline   Deadly Chicken 

• Buk Buk motherf**ker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:11 AM

finally let me back on again last night and seemed solid for several hours. mucho fun. When the planets all align and you get some fairly bug free play, its really quite a good game. I feels very like bf2 to me, but i never played too much of that. It would be nice if people tried to play the objectives tho.

#32 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

Yay finally found a work around for that annoying hardcoded Q spotting bug, so i now can use what ever key i want. :ohyeah:

#33 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

Only 3 chopper unlocks left!

#34 User is offline   Mental 

• Lurker
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

View Post[TCSUK]Ninja, on 04 November 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

Not tried any of the co-op maps... If anyone fancies trying them on the PC then let me know.

I see there are some co-op specific weapon unlocks for MP.

I've done them all and wasn't too impressed. they're really short, longest one took about 13 minutes to complete. For some reason they decided to reward you with the same amount of XP for the different difficulty levels...

#35 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Unlocked TV missiles... and now I can't find a pilot who can stay in the air long enough for me to use them. Plus, they seem to go straight through other choppers. :(

#36 User is offline   Reevey 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

that for the PS3 or PC zoiX? I've not got long left on attack helicopter and will be MORE than happy to let you gun away while I hover about so I can get myself some points :P

#37 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

View PostReevey, on 22 November 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

that for the PS3 or PC zoiX? I've not got long left on attack helicopter and will be MORE than happy to let you gun away while I hover about so I can get myself some points :P

PS3. I seriously hope they've fixed them in the patch! Was playing last night, just sat on the carrier on Kharg Island firing them at tanks at the gas station. Was doing rather well - fired one at the enemy Havoc and it "hit" the cockpit, the camera went to static, then went back to normal again after the missile had ceased being ethereal and continued on out of the choppers tail rotor. Total bullshit

#38 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

Another standard Battlefield patch.

The've made changes. I've had helicopters spontaneously explode, saying that I've "suicided" 20 feet from the nearest crash hazard, with literally no explanation. In the patch notes, DICE said they would reduce the amount of physics alteration they put onto jet and AA emplacement miniguns - they should do damage only now and not flip your chopper/jet upside down. Despite seeing this in the patch notes, I've been flipped entirely upside down by the tiniest burst from a jet since the patch, so things have obviously gone wrong there.

The TV missiles do't blow up your own chopper any more, though I don't know if they've fixed them or not. The handling on them is now so painfully atrocious I can't get them anywhere NEAR an enemy tank, never mind a helicopter. Dunno why they felt they had to do that.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users