Babblers Gaming Community: Swtor Useful Links - Babblers Gaming Community

• 3 Pages +

Swtor Useful Links Sites, tools and guides.

#21 User is offline   Dev 

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Babblers Head Admin

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

All very fascinating but none of it is providing useful links <_<

#22 User is offline   Rumpaton 

• I love harps more than ant.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

The problem with WoW for me was the mods, which basically played the game for you. Deadlybossmods and Bosskillers were just ridiculous. However it does say a lot about the average player that they need a flashing red screen to avoid fire. The premis that wow became too simple is bullshit really, i'm not a big wow fan but top guilds still wiped hundreds of times on the heroic mode of Ragnaros.

#23 User is offline   RoMeRz 

• Olsen!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

View PostSnafu, on 08 December 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

Basically look.. walkthroughs are for when you're stuck. Solutions and guides are for when you've tried your hardest but just cant figure a problem out. If you take the attitude of following them the very first time you run them - it's like running through a point and click adventure from start to finish with a walkthrough.

At least experience it and wipe a few times before you give in.

I think the point Rump was putting across was:

(Using Vashj as an example again)

A normal group of folk who played wow, who raided once or twice a week would have had no chance killing Vashj without looking at what other people would have done. Most people aren't willing to put the amount of time it takes to do one of these encounters from scratch. The big guilds that were going for world firsts were playing almost 24/7 7 days a week and it still took them a while back then.

In that specific fight there are so just so many things going on that it would have taken a huge amount of time to figure out what needs to happen, when it needs to happen and how it needs to happen at specific points. You could spend ages failing at something and not know if it was because you are doing it wrong, or you just aren't geared enough.

Getting all of these parts down perfect was difficult enough for guilds that had killed her loads of times before. It only looked a little easier when guilds went back with Tier 6 gear.

I'm using Vashj as an example as she is an extremely good example of a complex boss. Kael'thas was similar.

Edit: My point is that - the fun for most people in these encounters is that trying to kill a boss with your mates and the banter over vent. NOBODY loves chain wiping for days when they don't need to. Even with reading guides - these sorts of encounters are still difficult enough.

This post has been edited by RoMeRz: 08 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

#24 User is offline   Miles Gloriosus 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostDev, on 04 December 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

I'll get the ball rolling:Datacron location listDatacrons are part of the codex system in Star Wars The Old Republic. They are placed throughout the worlds for the players to find, usually in hard to reach places. As a reward for this exploration ingenuity, if a player successfully reaches and interacts with certain datacrons, one of the player's character stats will be increased -- permanently

View PostDev, on 08 December 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

All very fascinating but none of it is providing useful links <_<

So at the risk of bringing this back on topic/avoiding the post being renamed 'Why I hope WOW and SWTOR are different'...

It's difficult to find anything of substance out there due to the nature of things not being finalised yet, but a lot of good snippets can be found on:

'Torsyndicate'. For every useful link there (For instance, this rather snazzy, and hopefully useful summary of crafting/skills):

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j388/thedrmarco/crewskillmap.jpg

...there's also a lot of dross and supposition at this stage, but as a 'hub' to other resources it seems pretty handy so far.

For those who are a bit obsessive, and who want to be able to read the background bits and bobs, here's a handy little guide to Aurebesh - the 'Universal Language' used in SW...

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j388/thedrmarco/800px-Aurebesh-GMSR.png

And although this may pour fuel on the WOW-rage that this harmless little thread seems to have generated, here's the obligatory '-head' database site, for all your SWTOR needs...

From the people who brought you 'Wowhead'

Cheers,

M

This post has been edited by Miles Gloriosus: 08 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

#25 User is offline   snafu 

• Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

View PostMiles Gloriosus, on 08 December 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

And although this may pour fuel on the WOW-rage that this harmless little thread seems to have generated, here's the obligatory '-head' database site, for all your SWTOR needs...

What WoW rage? There's nothing in this game that's been particularly hard to figure out. It's intuitive. If you need a guide, you're a dribbling and malfunctioning mong.

Unfortunately I get my posts removed for calling people dribbling malfunctioning mongs these days.

c'est la vie.

#26 User is offline   Miles Gloriosus 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

View PostSnafu, on 08 December 2011 - 10:39 PM, said:

View PostMiles Gloriosus, on 08 December 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

What WoW rage? There's nothing in this game that's been particularly hard to figure out. It's intuitive. If you need a guide, you're a dribbling and malfunctioning mong.Unfortunately I get my posts removed for calling people dribbling malfunctioning mongs these days.c'est la vie.

This was meant semi facetiously, Snaf. I was commenting on the way that what could have been a simple compilation of useful websites seems to have turned into a pre-emptive debate on the relative cultures of gaming in WoW and a game that isn't even released yet.

In principle I'm with you - I'd rather people just gave it a bash and learn from their in game mistakes, and actually communicate like reasonable human beings, rather than engage in scripted raids where everyone has a pre-existing task and no individuals can deviate without scorn and derision. But on the other hand, I don't think it's fair to say that if people want to min/max or know the 'walkthrough' approach to a raid that they should be denied it, and waste hours of their lives dying miserably in game for no good reason.

Bottom line, I'd prefer it if the 'What I'd like to happen in SWTOR' stuff happened, say, here, while the 'Useful links' thread was for, you know....useful links?

Cheers,

M

This post has been edited by Miles Gloriosus: 09 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

#27 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostMiles Gloriosus, on 09 December 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

This was meant semi facetiously, Snaf.

lol, don't worry. It can take several years to get used to my erm... 'sense of humour'. We are in agreement!

Also, Dev - worth making the first post a sticky.

Bottom line.. sieg heil? Sir yes sir?

#28 User is offline   Croc 

• Hexagonal
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:52 AM

It will only change if the game prevents it. Which means very clever dynamic generation of content. Something that probably won't require a complex set of steps, but which will test groups and individuals in the group randomly.

#29 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

Having reviewed the links, they are not experience ruining.

PERMISSION GRANTED.

#30 User is offline   Dev 

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

Post Useful Links or STFU Steve :hitler:

:xmas:

#31 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

View PostDev, on 13 December 2011 - 02:36 AM, said:

STFU Steve :hitler:

That's just rude. I don't expect that sort of abuse from the 'head admin'

#32 User is offline   Dev 

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

Really? You really should by now. :coolface:

#33 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

Not a link but a small tip (no spoilers).

When starting out on the noob planet, take the shuttle to the Imnperial Fleet and get your crew skills early.
Thats 450xp * (number of crew skill trainers, about 12 ish) + 950xp to talk to your crew skill trainer.
That equals to allmost 2 levels + you get to use your gathering skills on the first world, instead of after lvl 10 when leaving the imperial fleet.

#34 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Ok so not really a link, but some useful info.

Not sure how much other people have been PvPing, but Iíve been enjoying it and doing it a lot. Just hit the cap for commendations (which is 1000) so had to go check vendors. There are loads of bits to get:

Weapons are 330 points each, orange quality (and include mods). They some at slightly odd levels, first is 14, then 24 and around every 10 levels from there.

Armour is available for each class. There are a few level 50 purple sets. But there are also lower level bits. For level 20 and 40 there are full armour sets, the head, chest, legs and gloves are orange quality (including mods) and only 185 a piece. There are also blue belts, bracers, ear bits and the modifications or cyborg bits (or whatever they are, but those are only at 40) for only 100 each.

So all in all it seems very cheap to bling a char out at level 20 with full pvp stuff.

There is also a vendor that has random bits. It has stims boxes (like you get from the daily quest) which have random items and stims in. There are also so special level 50 speeders.

#35 User is offline   Dev 

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

How long did it take you to get to 1000?

#36 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Well didn't finish starter area till 11, so didn't pick up my advanced class till then. So about 5 levels of PvP interspursed with a couple of black talon runs and a couple of Dromund Kaas quests :P

In terms of levelling, I think I was levelling faster in PvP than I was instaqncing and questing :x Though no doubt that will cahnge higher up the levels.

#37 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

Anyone downed Trapjaw yet? Easy world boss on tat.

If not: We just did.. 5 guildies and a few pugs :)

#38 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

#39 User is offline   Earthy 

• Silly Person!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

Its free to play now as well, I should download it and give it another go

#40 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

"you're a dribbling and malfunctioning mong"

See this is why I stopped smoking weed. I was really grumpy.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users