• 7 Pages +
  • Last »

Guild Wars 2

#21 User is offline   Zion 

• Yarrr there be treasure in them der forums
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Crafting is fairly nice, each item needs a mob drop but the components donít, you can unlock recipes via buying, quest or just lvling up your crafting and if you have a huge stack of mats to process it speeds up as it goes along so youíre not waiting forever to craft 300 bronze ingots.

The overflow server is great they just need to add some way to go to the same "zone" as your party/friends (parties/guilds can cross servers as well) we managed to get a guild emblem in the last beta and tried it in the myst pvp training area and it gave us all different armour coats with the emblems on which is really nice.

Realm vs. realm is really fun, but the "Keeps" take ages to kill the doors so you canít just ninja a tower with a small group early in the morning, you can build siege weapons with blueprints and supply which you earn through WvW you can only carry 10 supply at a time so you either have to make multiple trips to the supply camps or more than 1 person helps build the items (cannons, oil reinforced walls for keeps, battering ram, siege golem, ballista and catapults for attacks)
The idea that realms that donít do so well after 2 weeks get matched against others that didnít do so well which stops it being stale as you get new enemies every 2 weeks.

~The main issue for me was that the overflow areas always seemed to put me and my party in different areas (until we reached the town or an unpopulated area)

#22 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'll have to have a nose at the crafting next beta weekend. Apparently there is going to be another one in about a month. Seems odd to be as far on through the development as they are while still not having announced a release date.

I'd still rather have the overflow server with a few foibles than be stuck in a queue for hours. I assume you cant go into PvP while in the overflow (cant say I tried it myself)?

The doors to the towers didn't seem to take too long with a couple of rams up. Cant say we tried the full on keeps as we didn't have the numbers. Well we probably did, just didn't have any organisation so people were just scrapping everywhere.

Difference this time is that no one seems to have any abilities to get into the keeps while the doors are still up. So no ninja squads. Oh and the siege golem rocks!

#23 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Wanted to try PvP, but never found "DA BUTTAN" !
In all other MMO's, queing up for BG's has been a 1 click task on a button in the main UI.
Here, it's on a frecking sub tab under the Hero char sheet :(

I rekon that will change in the future.
All in all, was good fun, tried a Thief to lvl 11, a Ranger to lvl 11 and a guardian to 5 i think. Good classes all in all.

#24 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Yeah hidden away on the PvP page. There is a "PvP now!" button on that page, but its rubbish. It sticks you in a random BG and most of the time seemed to put you in a mostly empty BG.

You have another button called "take me to the mists". That is like a PvP staging area. You are upleveled to 80 and you can set up your char. From there you can portal into the WvWvW area or go the the BG browser and pick a game. Entering a game from there was much better as you could pick a nice 14/16 players one.

I would say the PvP focus in this game is the WvWvW stuff rather than the BGs though

#25 User is offline   Zion 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

there are asura gates in each city that take you to lions arch which is the main hub from there you can go to the pvp areas or to the other town sections (pvp/WvW you just have to complete a small set of training quests in the mysts areathen it opens up another gate

#26 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

A special one day beta this coming monday...

Weíll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing chara...cter on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If youíve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

#27 User is offline   ste 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

I'm sure most have you have already pre-ordered but for those of you who haven't you can get it from GameSeek for £35.

Not sure why it's so much cheaper than even Amazon and I've never used them before so I don't know what the service is like. I did however find the site through the Nectar website so I assume it's OK.

http://www.gameseek....ames8qxh6b1tkm/

#28 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

If people hadn't seen the news yet. The next beta weekend is next weekend (the 8th).

Sounds like they are not wiping chars from the previous betas.

#29 User is offline   anT- 

• Aka Kamikazi Pnut!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

http://www.arena.net...s-2-launch-date

:ohyeah:

#30 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Anyone going to be on the beta this weekend?

#31 User is offline   Zion 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

i was on for a bit the asura looked awsome and the sylvari had a nice different look to them, i think come release im going to be playing on farshiver peaks

#32 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

I went on to try out a few other classes and the new starter areas. Tree people were pretty cool and thought their starter area was good. But have to say I thought the midget's starter area was the worst of the lot(read: slowest to get the first few levels done).

Tried the "fixed" engineer because I really like the style of the class, but it doesn't seem any great difference since last beta. Also tried the guardian a bit, and I have to say that has to be the easiest, most powerful PvE class, between thier heals and defencive skills you really could survive pretty much anything in PvE. Most of my time was spent on the mesmer though, and I think I've pretty much decided thats the class I'll go with come live, had loads of fun with it in WvW.

Think in this game going to need to be a little more careful with server choice. You have to make all your chars on one server and the one I randomly went on this beta (Ruins of Surmia or something) was nominally english speaking but had been taken over by all the spanish speaking guilds.

#33 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Had a go at it too the last beta, and enjoyed it very much. Tried a new class that i wanted to try (warrior, sylvari) and i liked it a lot, so will be making this my main, and also as a sylvari, not because of the looks or starter area, but for their race special.

#34 User is offline   Lazza 

• I says what I like and I likes what I say
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Also tried the guardian a bit, and I have to say that has to be the easiest, most powerful PvE class, between thier heals and defencive skills you really could survive pretty much anything in PvE - Ninja

Sounds like some pretty good inside advice to me since i am going for PvE

#35 User is offline   [TCSUK]Ninja 

• vietnamese goat herder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

in a game without dedicated healers and tanks it certainly stood out. While a number of the other classes had reasonable options to heal others (engineer, elementalist in water attunement...) it was the only one that felt a bit "tanky". even the warrior shield skills didn't seem as good as the guardian's. I can see they are going to be well liked in groups!

#36 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Damn they nerfed Grasping vines, from a AOE root, to a single target root :( i know it was a bit op, but damn i wanted it so much.
No reason to go sylvari now ...

#37 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Most people who are going to play this game, most likely have allready surfed the great internets for information, but in case a few hasen't, here is nice summary about the possibilities in game.

http://www.mmo-champ...tiated.-READ-ME

#38 User is offline   FullMetalJacket 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

And a very nice build generator:

http://www.gw2skills.net/editor/en/

#39 User is offline   Croc 

• Hexagonal
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostFullMetalJacket, on 05 August 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Most people who are going to play this game, most likely have allready surfed the great internets for information, but in case a few hasen't, here is nice summary about the possibilities in game.

http://www.mmo-champ...tiated.-READ-ME

Looks interesting. Nice link.

#40 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

I have to say it all looks rather different. Which is good. I haven't been interested in a MMO RPG for more than a week after launch for..oh.. ten years.

It's down to £35 now at Amazon by the way (still £50 on the official site)

This post has been edited by King Phil: 06 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users