Babblers Gaming Community: Babblers 10 Year Anniversary Soon - Babblers Gaming Community

Jump to content

  • 9 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Babblers 10 Year Anniversary Soon

#41 User is offline   snafu 

  • Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 7,520
  • Joined: 14-January 03

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

"To celebrate ten years of Babblers, how about we all get together and meet where we can all get together and drink beers to have a laugh with each other. You'll be in the delightful company of a fascist copper, a lunatic cokehead, people with acute psychosis, people who post videos of their chavvy mates doing drugs on village walls - followed shortly thereafter by a closeup of their mates penis, a washed out hippy guitarist, a dude so concretely set in fantasy that he will not accept THAT HIS FUCKING COMPANY HAS SHAFTED GAMING IN THE ARSE, two conspiracy nutters, two members of the Red Dwarf Fan Club, people who operate dastardly love triangles and quite possibly some pillock who likes to masquerade as a native american finger painter."



YES. LETS DO IT.

:)

This post has been edited by Snafu: 24 July 2012 - 10:58 PM


#42 User is offline   DrWu 

  • The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 20,093
  • Joined: 22-March 03

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Honestly, that sounds fucking awesome.

#43 User is offline   Fat Wangkhar 

  • Massive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 11,312
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

Finger painter? Is that some new euphemism?

#44 User is offline   DrWu 

  • The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 20,093
  • Joined: 22-March 03

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Rhyming slang for imitator.

#45 User is offline   snafu 

  • Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 7,520
  • Joined: 14-January 03

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostDrWu, on 24 July 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Honestly, that sounds fucking awesome.


It does, if you look at it like that ;-)

It's just that all the folk on here who I'd actually WANT to meet are all also proud members of the "people who hate people society" (See Bill Hicks)

So unless we can all teleport to someones living room, sit down with a nice cuppa and rip the piss out of Will Wheaton on Sunday re-runs of STTNG, I just can't see a fat git like me mustering up the energy to come and say "hello". Because that's how I feel about you guys... you're my Sunday early afternoon TNG buddies.

Except you. You fucking love Babylon 5 up the bottom.

#46 User is offline   Sticky 

  • crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 13,766
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

Wait just a fucking moment here.

Who is a fascist copper?

Who is a lunatic cokehead? Is it me?

people with acute psychosis This could also be me.

people who post videos of their chavvy mates doing drugs on village walls - followed shortly thereafter by a closeup of their mates penis Why have I not seen these videos?

a washed out hippy guitarist Me again? Not possible. Who's the hippy?

a dude so concretely set in fantasy that he will not accept THAT HIS FUCKING COMPANY HAS SHAFTED GAMING IN THE ARSE (?)

two conspiracy nutters - Phil and Rob? I'm confused.

two members of the Red Dwarf Fan Club - The only two! Who are they?

people who operate dastardly love triangles - I don't know who this could be.

some pillock who likes to masquerade as a native american finger painter I get who this is.

I'd like some answers here, people. Answers.


edit: It sounds perfect, btw, with these people. We could sell tickets.

This post has been edited by Sticky: 24 July 2012 - 11:14 PM


#47 User is offline   DrWu 

  • The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 20,093
  • Joined: 22-March 03

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

I know. You could script a film with that line up of characters. Even if you hate them it would still be awesome to mingle.

#48 User is offline   Rahr 

  • Buttons!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 8,173
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

fuck you dash steve! :viscon:

http://forestpirate.ca/pictures/eh-steve.gif

Maybe channel 5 would be willing to pay to televise the event as it already has more going for it than big brother.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/rahr85/stuff/f5.jpg

This post has been edited by Rahr: 25 July 2012 - 12:39 PM


#49 User is offline   Krade 

  • JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 9,315
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

I think its a good idea.

babblers meets I have attended:
Amsterdam was a mental laugh with SAS YO and PFF all meeting up. (One of the best weekends Ever)

Paintballing Twice I think. One time we had spanked the opposing team so bad in the 1st 3 games they went home. And we also set the fastest time ever on the fort game. And getting shot in the back on the sppedball course.

Deadly Chicks BBQ

2 or 3 meets for Drinks In Clapham.


If you don't want to go then dont post far too many negative Nellies :P

#50 User is offline   Sticky 

  • crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 13,766
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

I was a founder member of PFF. I wasn't in Amsterdam. Did this happen when I wasn't online or was I just not invited?

#51 User is offline   Krade 

  • JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 9,315
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostSticky, on 25 July 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

I was a founder member of PFF. I wasn't in Amsterdam. Did this happen when I wasn't online or was I just not invited?


it was about 10 years ago as it was all UK2 at the time
There were loads of us, off the top of my head Cass, me, DC, Laz, Ren, Space Queen, Bahamut, Alien, and a few others. All the English peps stayed at the Flying Pig.

This post has been edited by Krade: 25 July 2012 - 01:16 PM


#52 User is offline   Fat Wangkhar 

  • Massive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 11,312
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostKrade, on 25 July 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I think its a good idea.

babblers meets I have attended:
Amsterdam was a mental laugh with SAS YO and PFF all meeting up. (One of the best weekends Ever)

Paintballing Twice I think. One time we had spanked the opposing team so bad in the 1st 3 games they went home. And we also set the fastest time ever on the fort game. And getting shot in the back on the sppedball course.

Deadly Chicks BBQ

2 or 3 meets for Drinks In Clapham.


If you don't want to go then dont post far too many negative Nellies :P



Is that where some SHITE stuck a dildo up someones arse and posted it?

#53 User is offline   Krade 

  • JabberWookie
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 9,315
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostFat Wangkhar, on 25 July 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

View PostKrade, on 25 July 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I think its a good idea.

babblers meets I have attended:
Amsterdam was a mental laugh with SAS YO and PFF all meeting up. (One of the best weekends Ever)

Paintballing Twice I think. One time we had spanked the opposing team so bad in the 1st 3 games they went home. And we also set the fastest time ever on the fort game. And getting shot in the back on the sppedball course.

Deadly Chicks BBQ

2 or 3 meets for Drinks In Clapham.


If you don't want to go then dont post far too many negative Nellies :P



Is that where some SHITE stuck a dildo up someones arse and posted it?



Nope the only Shite peps I met were Clapham beers and DC's bbq.

#54 User is offline   DrWu 

  • The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 20,093
  • Joined: 22-March 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

I was a founder member of Clapham, why was I not invited?

#55 User is offline   King Phil 

  • Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 8,408
  • Joined: 17-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostSticky, on 24 July 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Wait just a fucking moment here.

Who is a fascist copper?

Who is a lunatic cokehead? Is it me?

people with acute psychosis This could also be me.

people who post videos of their chavvy mates doing drugs on village walls - followed shortly thereafter by a closeup of their mates penis Why have I not seen these videos?

a washed out hippy guitarist Me again? Not possible. Who's the hippy?

a dude so concretely set in fantasy that he will not accept THAT HIS FUCKING COMPANY HAS SHAFTED GAMING IN THE ARSE (?)

two conspiracy nutters - Phil and Rob? I'm confused.

two members of the Red Dwarf Fan Club - The only two! Who are they?

people who operate dastardly love triangles - I don't know who this could be.

some pillock who likes to masquerade as a native american finger painter I get who this is.

I'd like some answers here, people. Answers.


edit: It sounds perfect, btw, with these people. We could sell tickets.


Not the conspiracy theorist, no.

The video of my mates off their faces on special K was me as is I think the close up my mate's penis which is actually just a Richmond sausage from his leftover breakfast.


Chuck and Ian (the famous Richmond Sausage incident)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64027572/chuckandian.jpg

The ketamine incident

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DPWks4Ep3UQ

#56 User is offline   Sticky 

  • crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 13,766
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I watched that video with the WoT music in the background. Made it more haunting, like something really bad was about to happen. Turns out some people just can't handle their gear. :coolface:

#57 User is offline   TheRobster 

  • Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 11,383
  • Joined: 14-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostSticky, on 24 July 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Wait just a fucking moment here.

Who is a fascist copper?

Who is a lunatic cokehead? Is it me?

people with acute psychosis This could also be me.

people who post videos of their chavvy mates doing drugs on village walls - followed shortly thereafter by a closeup of their mates penis Why have I not seen these videos?

a washed out hippy guitarist Me again? Not possible. Who's the hippy?

a dude so concretely set in fantasy that he will not accept THAT HIS FUCKING COMPANY HAS SHAFTED GAMING IN THE ARSE (?)

two conspiracy nutters - Phil and Rob? I'm confused.

two members of the Red Dwarf Fan Club - The only two! Who are they?

people who operate dastardly love triangles - I don't know who this could be.

some pillock who likes to masquerade as a native american finger painter I get who this is.

I'd like some answers here, people. Answers.


edit: It sounds perfect, btw, with these people. We could sell tickets.


Don't think me and Phil are the conspiracy nutters - Fat Wang and someone else?

Cokehead - our Natz?

Acute psychosis - could apply to any number of people on here.

Love triangle - I was involved with someone from Babblers, shortly after they'd just finished been involved with someone else from Babblers! Not quite a love triangle but close.

Also Dark Raven is a real person. Hard to believe but there you go. She is from the US though, not exactly a country renowned for having the sanest of citizens (anyone want to go see the Batman movie?)

This post has been edited by TheRobster: 25 July 2012 - 09:00 PM


#58 User is offline   Goatfacekillah 

  • Model600
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 4,730
  • Joined: 11-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

PFF were never involved in an Amsterdam trip. Or any other sort of trip... The only meet up of any kind involving PFF took place on two occasions at Elland Road. Me, Sticky, Daftman and part time member Aerosol Kid (Gregg).

#59 User is offline   snafu 

  • Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 7,520
  • Joined: 14-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostRahr, on 25 July 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

fuck you dash steve! :viscon:


I said hippy! Not emo...


Quote

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll49/rahr85/stuff/f5.jpg



I am surprised that you still have this picture... Ah those good old days. You'd not get me and "Ronin" in the same room now ;)

#60 User is offline   TheRobster 

  • Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered
  • Posts: 11,383
  • Joined: 14-January 03

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Did you eat him?

Share this topic:


  • 9 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users