Babblers Gaming Community: What Would You Rather Be? - Babblers Gaming Community

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Would You Rather Be?

Poll: well?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What would you rather be?!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   snafu 

• Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

A comic book superhero, or a Ghostbuster?

This post has been edited by snafu: 11 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

#2 User is offline   Goatfacekillah 

• Model600
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postsnafu, on 10 December 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

A comic book superhero, or a Ghostbuster?

A comic book superhero, definitely. But it'd depend on the powers...

#3 User is offline   zoiX 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Comic book hero for sure.

#4 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

! Forgot to add the poll :/

edit: Now added!

This post has been edited by snafu: 11 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

#5 User is offline   Rahr 

• Buttons!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

not keen on the thought of ghosts but do we get the choice of superhero? iron man or batman tbh... although thor with the infinity gauntlet would be handy too.

This post has been edited by Rahr: 11 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

#6 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

View PostRahr, on 11 December 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

not keen on the thought of ghosts but do we get the choice of superhero? iron man or batman tbh... although thor with the infinity gauntlet would be handy too.

It doesn't actually matter what superhero you pick.

You could have a ring that shoots magical green stuff, a bulletproof suit and cape, laser vision... Or you could have a nuclear powered backpack and drive around in a converted hearse with flashing lights and a siren on top.

You know there's no argument to be had.

#7 User is offline   TheRobster 

• Spammer Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

I would choose to be a superhero that has a nuclear powered backpack and drives around in a converted hearse with flashing lights and a siren on top.

With x-ray vision.

This post has been edited by TheRobster: 11 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

#8 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostTheRobster, on 11 December 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I would choose to be a superhero that has a nuclear powered backpack and drives around in a converted hearse with flashing lights and a siren on top.

With x-ray vision.

Fuck off you cheating bastard, there's no super heroes like that.

Tell you what, since we're just inventing made up characters and super powers... Fuck you all.

I shall be God.

#9 User is offline   Zara 

• Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I like this development. Maybe with an angry God, shit would get done.

Steve be with you.

#10 User is offline   Fluffs 

• Rob + Nat's Lovechild
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I prefer the image of myself in tight lycra shorts to a jumpsuit

#11 User is offline   Fluffs 

• Rob + Nat's Lovechild
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Speaking of lycra, does visker still stalk these forums?

#12 User is offline   Deadly Chicken 

• Buk Buk motherf**ker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

hmm seems like superhero is the choice.

But tbh its like being the queen. sounds good, but in fact there is a lot of responsibility and you end up having to be entirely boring (other than you can fly or some shit, but you can only do that to 'help' folk rather than kick back and have some laughs with it. )

Ghostbusting on the other hand. Well apart from the fact that "Bustin makes me feel gooood" you can be just a normal guy who likes to drink a little too much on a friday night, or goof around doing doughnuts in the ghostbusting car :P no one cares if you trash their hotel as long as you can rid them of ghosts.

plus you get to root sigourney weaver :P

#13 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostFluffs, on 11 December 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Speaking of lycra, does visker still stalk these forums?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64027572/visker2.JPG

Hey my link seems to be dead. Fixed.

This post has been edited by King Phil: 14 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

#14 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Anyone that chose Ghostbuster is an idiot.

#15 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Bustin' makes me feel good.

#16 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostOneJoelFifty, on 17 December 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

You're wrong.

#17 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

View Postsnafu, on 17 December 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostOneJoelFifty, on 17 December 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

You're wrong.

Why? I'll tell you my reasoning.

First, for there to be ghost busters, you have to have ghosts. A big pain in the ass, and generally making the world a worse place than it already is right from the off. But being a superhero doesn't necessarily mean that there need be supervillains causing you problems all the time. The world already has plenty of things to keep a good hero occupied.

Second, if you can be a ghost buster, then anyone can. There's nothing special about you. By contrast, being a superhero requires some unique powers or abilities possessed by only a chosen few. And the ghost-busting technology would be widely available, there would be ghost-busting companies springing up all over the place. Sure, you could make a decent living. But the end result is that you're little more than a glorified rat-catcher.

So have a fun career in pest control, I'm sure it will be great for the first couple of months. Maybe we can go for a drink a year or two down the line. I'll be the guy at the bar surrounded by all the babes.

#18 User is offline   snafu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostOneJoelFifty, on 17 December 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Why? I'll tell you my reasoning.

Then I shall counter it!

First, for there to be ghost busters, you have to have ghosts. A big pain in the ass, and generally making the world a worse place than it already is right from the off. But being a superhero doesn't necessarily mean that there need be supervillains causing you problems all the time. The world already has plenty of things to keep a good hero occupied.

Like what? This portrays a superhero as an arrogant douchebag with super powers who simply lives off his ability to do superhuman things. Yeah sure, once in a while he rescues an old ladies cat from a tree or stops a car crash from a million miles away. But is that really what you want to be doing with your time?

Second, if you can be a ghost buster, then anyone can. There's nothing special about you.

Yet anyone could be Batman, or Deadpool! Once you start limiting abilities to a select few people you begin to create a very elitist separation. For years, it was believed that anyone of balanced mind could eventually learn to wield the force with enough training and dedication. Then BAM - Midifuckingchlorians. Now you can't do amazing things in the name of good, because your fucking POWER LEVEL isn't high enough.

By contrast, being a superhero requires some unique powers or abilities possessed by only a chosen few.

WELL, WHY DONT YOU JUST SET UP A STRING OF GAS CHAMBERS AND MAKE SURE WE ALL HAVE BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE EYES? Fucking fascist.

And the ghost-busting technology would be widely available, there would be ghost-busting companies springing up all over the place. Sure, you could make a decent living. But the end result is that you're little more than a glorified rat-catcher.

Yet a superhero without super villains to fight would be nothing more than a glorified fireman.

So have a fun career in pest control, I'm sure it will be great for the first couple of months. Maybe we can go for a drink a year or two down the line. I'll be the guy at the bar surrounded by all the babes.

Yeah, you do that... Maybe I'll come at you with a piece of glowing rock and laugh as all you have left going for you is a pair of socks stuffed down your trousers. That's right. We have Egon Fucking Spengler. A man who can create a machine capable of storing supernatural beings indefinately! With minds like that on our team, it's inevitable that we'll figure out which mineral drains you of all your super duper wrist flapping sparkly spells and even develop a way to shoot it at you. Next you'll be wanting to suggest that you don't have such a stupid weakness, that you're practically invincible.

Only a Super-Villain thinks they're indestructable...... A Ghostbuster is never a bad guy.

You can pose with your selection of babes, but you'll never have Sigourney Weaver in her prime.

This post has been edited by snafu: 18 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

#19 User is offline   Deadly Chicken 

• Buk Buk motherf**ker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

OMG I agree with Steve, and on something so important too :o

And joel, lack of forethought, blinded by the promise of being able to use your xray vision to see boobs. ?? :P

1st Having ghosts does not = a worse place. It in fact = a much more interesting place, with scientifically proven life after death ;)

2nd if I can be a ghostbuster, I will be working for a company that holds every patent on every bit of ghost busting kit. no one else can just copy a ghostbuster proton pack or buy one in the high street. Sure google would eventually create something they claim is similar, but it would be like getting that big simple kid down the road to put out a fire using a butterfly net.

Also being a rat catcher would be awesome if you did it using nuclear powered proton packs.

Go for a drink or two ?? .. as if, superheroes can never go out and party, remember when superman went for a drink. He sure had to do a lot of apologising after it didnt he. ONE time he went out. in a year or two when we meet up, I will have a wicked time, and you will probably have to 'pop out for a bit' several times to go and save some local loser ;)

This post has been edited by Deadly Chicken: 19 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

#20 User is offline   OneJoelFifty 

• (y)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Like what? This portrays a superhero as an arrogant douchebag with super powers who simply lives off his ability to do superhuman things. Yeah sure, once in a while he rescues an old ladies cat from a tree or stops a car crash from a million miles away. But is that really what you want to be doing with your time?

It doesn't portray that at all. Famine, genocide, disease, renewable energy crisis, global warming, war/terrorist attacks. These are all large-scale problems that could benefit from a bit of heroism. And you didn't address the point that introducing ghosts into the world, to facilitate the need for ghost busters, actually just makes it a worse place to live.

Second, if you can be a ghost buster, then anyone can. There's nothing special about you.

Yet anyone could be Batman, or Deadpool! Once you start limiting abilities to a select few people you begin to create a very elitist separation. For years, it was believed that anyone of balanced mind could eventually learn to wield the force with enough training and dedication. Then BAM - Midifuckingchlorians. Now you can't do amazing things in the name of good, because your fucking POWER LEVEL isn't high enough.

I challenge whether or not they are both superheroes, but that's another debate. Not anyone could be Batman or Deadpool. Batman has many many years of training, a unique psychological makeup and a billion dollar company behind him. Wikipedia tells me Deadpool is the result of high level human alteration. By contrast, to be a Ghostbuster you need...what? It's a job, people would apply with a CV. "Oh, you were a fireman? Understand you might die? Great, you got the job!"

Super powers are elitist by nature. It's what makes them super. I'm not limiting anything, it's just how it works. Your Star Wars reference isn't applicable here. If you want to go start a new thread about whether you would rather be a Ghostbuster or a Jedi (Jedi, obviously) then go ahead.

By contrast, being a superhero requires some unique powers or abilities possessed by only a chosen few.

WELL, WHY DONT YOU JUST SET UP A STRING OF GAS CHAMBERS AND MAKE SURE WE ALL HAVE BLONDE HAIR AND BLUE EYES? Fucking fascist.

I was further illustrating the point that a superhero is by nature 'super', whereas a Ghostbuster is just a regular guy with a job. I was not implying that. Putting nonsense in big capital letters doesn't make it less nonsensical.

And the ghost-busting technology would be widely available, there would be ghost-busting companies springing up all over the place. Sure, you could make a decent living. But the end result is that you're little more than a glorified rat-catcher.

Yet a superhero without super villains to fight would be nothing more than a glorified fireman.

A glorified fireman who could help put an end to, say, world hunger.

Yeah, you do that... Maybe I'll come at you with a piece of glowing rock and laugh as all you have left going for you is a pair of socks stuffed down your trousers. That's right. We have Egon Fucking Spengler. A man who can create a machine capable of storing supernatural beings indefinately! With minds like that on our team, it's inevitable that we'll figure out which mineral drains you of all your super duper wrist flapping sparkly spells and even develop a way to shoot it at you. Next you'll be wanting to suggest that you don't have such a stupid weakness, that you're practically invincible.

Only a Super-Villain thinks they're indestructable...... A Ghostbuster is never a bad guy.

That must be in jest, so obvious is the contradiction between the "never a bad guy" Ghostbuster wanting to stop the guy that's just, say, helped provide the entire world with a source of sustainable energy.

You can pose with your selection of babes, but you'll never have Sigourney Weaver in her prime.

You're welcome to her! Ha! Although you wouldn't have her either, unless you go back in time when you sign up and fucking her is some kind of initiation procedure. Or did you want to make this poll "Who would you rather be, Egon Spengler or any existing superhero?"

This post has been edited by OneJoelFifty: 20 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users