Babblers Gaming Community: Hilarious School Death Tragedy! - Babblers Gaming Community

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hilarious School Death Tragedy!

#1 User is offline   snafu 

• Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Of course the topic is somewhat misleading. There's nothing hilarious about this event itself but rather the US media around it.

But something I found more hilarious than anything else... not long after the news hit the BBC web page yesterday - Fox News were of course all over it. Almost before the words had even slipped out of the reporters mouth, religious fanatics were on screen again arguing in favour of the right to bear arms in the United States.

THEN, just a few hours after that.. this happens:
http://mashable.com/...ebook-shooting/

Take a step back as one of "the enlightened" for a moment and simply look at this. In recent months, what game has been attacked by religious groups for daring to go where no game has gone before, portraying homosexual interspecies relationships in a complex sci-fi story? Then suddenly, the same game is under attack using a school shooting as an excuse? THOUSANDS of people flocking to the page under the call of Cth.... Christ.

The amount of control and influence religious groups still have in the 21st century never surprises me, but leaves me utterly confounded.

Can you imagine how horrible it must be, to be sincerely stupid? We're not talking about not being able to grasp basic maths, or writing here. We're talking mind numbing levels of stupidity which when dwelled upon for too long actually become the cause of psychological issues themselves...

Hence this post really ;)

#2 User is offline   Dev 

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Babblers Head Admin

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

The modern 24 hour news culture is pretty repulsive in my opinion.

#3 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Its silly to blame a video game that has guns involved in them. Then to just blame one when there is others games out there that uses guns too. Have any of you ever shot a gun..trust me there is quite the difference in them then a video game version you point and shoot, while with some guns they can actually kick. I have seen my older brother be thrown to the ground by a shotgun that my mom owned. I, myself have never shot a gun off or handle one. I only played a handful of times some of the above games that could be counted as gun violence but all I did was sat in the corner, hiding from my children, they are really good and my aim is way off and the fact I get dizzy from just trying to get my peep to move. I have horrible hand eye coordination when it comes to games. :/ Please don't invite me to any of your games as that would be too massively funny for you vs me.

#4 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

http://i.imgur.com/6ORAY.gif

#5 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostDrWu, on 15 December 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

http://i.imgur.com/6ORAY.gif

OMGosh. How did you get a hold of that pic of me, Drwu..Damn paparazzi anyways. That is so what I do..peek and see if I see any of them. Then try and sniper them but it never works! :/

#6 User is offline   snafu 

• Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

View PostTheRobber, on 15 December 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Its silly to blame a video game that has guns involved in them. Then to just blame one when there is others games out there that uses guns too. Have any of you ever shot a gun..trust me there is quite the difference in them then a video game version you point and shoot, while with some guns they can actually kick. I have seen my older brother be thrown to the ground by a shotgun that my mom owned. I, myself have never shot a gun off or handle one. I only played a handful of times some of the above games that could be counted as gun violence but all I did was sat in the corner, hiding from my children, they are really good and my aim is way off and the fact I get dizzy from just trying to get my peep to move. I have horrible hand eye coordination when it comes to games. :/ Please don't invite me to any of your games as that would be too massively funny for you vs me.

Mayforbe that you understand not the textual contextitives of mine postings, however enlighteninged as you previous demonstratable wishingness to become - merrily explanatory I shall be to you. For reasoning lurking to the rear of my posting (not immediately in front of) was not one being of the blaming of guns but moreso of the absurdity and nonsensicalitation of the Americanicant pee-opels that does what for this sort of tripe follow with such incomprehensibly stupidirrific reasons that a being of sounder mind would abandon in the 21st century and the terrifying realitification of the trewf that these stone age methods of controlification exert such bonkeriffic forces in modern society.

Moreso, the fact that people are more than happy to jump on that fucking bandwagon despite a sane mind being able to take a step back and go "Hang on.. I see what's going on here"

Mindless babbling drones.

#7 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

So it would be the same as the NRA saying that the government is gonna to come in and take your gun or guns, whether or not they are being responsible for the guns in their care. So you have all of these people who believe the NRA is actual in what they know so they too, jump on the bandwagon of "don't ban or take our guns" when all the government wants to do is make sure people are responsible for them..such as buying gun locks, a gun safe and not having the ammo easy for some freak to easily obtain them.

Then you have people who are up in arms over our 2nd amendment who says its their right whether they are a psychopath or not to bear arms. I think it needs to have an amends to it cause the guns of today are not the same as those our forefathers had.

So there is loads of things people are hopping on different bandwagons for various reasons. Some are radical in their thinking, so yes, because they are a bit radical they make make stupid statements such as the above group you had posted about.

For those of you who don't know what NRA is...National Rifle Association.

http://www.infopleas...a/A0777958.html A timeline of the shooting worldwide not just here in the states...Has there ever been a shooting like this in England..I have only heard of a bombing not too long ago. :/ so what are you guys doing that we are not? Just curious, that is all.

This post has been edited by TheRobber: 15 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

#8 User is offline   Rahr 

• Buttons!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

not selling guns in supermarkets.http://forums.babblers.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/coolface.png

#9 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

http://www.thereheis.com/nucleus3.22/media/gallery/20080406-charltonhestonnra.jpg

#10 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

View PostTheRobber, on 15 December 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

So it would be the same as the NRA saying that the government is gonna to come in and take your gun or guns, whether or not they are being responsible for the guns in their care. So you have all of these people who believe the NRA is actual in what they know so they too, jump on the bandwagon of "don't ban or take our guns" when all the government wants to do is make sure people are responsible for them..such as buying gun locks, a gun safe and not having the ammo easy for some freak to easily obtain them.

Then you have people who are up in arms over our 2nd amendment who says its their right whether they are a psychopath or not to bear arms. I think it needs to have an amends to it cause the guns of today are not the same as those our forefathers had.

So there is loads of things people are hopping on different bandwagons for various reasons. Some are radical in their thinking, so yes, because they are a bit radical they make make stupid statements such as the above group you had posted about.

For those of you who don't know what NRA is...National Rifle Association.

http://www.infopleas...a/A0777958.html A timeline of the shooting worldwide not just here in the states...Has there ever been a shooting like this in England..I have only heard of a bombing not too long ago. :/ so what are you guys doing that we are not? Just curious, that is all.

You know what? You have a point.

I guess the right to bear arms was brought in when an armament was a gun that was accurate up to half a metre and cost more to load than it cost to buy a house.

Without doubt the US gun legislation does want revisiting regardless.

Fun factoid - you can own and fly a helicopter armed with Gatling guns around a city in the USA as long as you "promise" not to load said guns.

This post has been edited by King Phil: 16 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

#11 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

It was never about defending your home or property, its about having a fail safe against a tyrannical government. The people should be allowed to bear arms because...well, why the fuck shouldn't they?

#12 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostRahr, on 15 December 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

not selling guns in supermarkets.http://forums.babblers.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/coolface.png

yes, you can purchase guns anywhere but places like supermarkets or gun stores have to follow the rules on selling to people and you just don't walk in and came out with a gun in hand...nope its like a week so they can do background checks etc. That guy did try to buy a gun but was deter by the wait that is why he probably went to his mom and killed her in the process of taking the guns she legally had.

There are places that just sell to people like its okay without background checks. When my spouse sold some of the guns we had, it was usually to friends or relatives whom we knew that wasn't gonna to go out and shot someone with it.

I have the right to not bear arms and that is my choice.

This post has been edited by TheRobber: 16 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

#13 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostDrWu, on 16 December 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

It was never about defending your home or property, its about having a fail safe against a tyrannical government. The people should be allowed to bear arms because...well, why the fuck shouldn't they?

Because they keep murdering innocent people?

#14 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

lol Now you sound about as radical as a republican. :P No government is perfect cause if they were, they wouldn't be in the messes they all are in. The only gun like thing I slept with was a c20 paint ball gun...LOL if someone was to walk in my house while I sleep trust me their balls would be screaming.

Edit: over the course of 4 days I had only 16 hours of sleep! Excuse the minor flaws!

This post has been edited by TheRobber: 16 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

#15 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostKing Phil, on 16 December 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

Because they keep murdering innocent people?

as sad as that statement is true. :( Number one reason why I hate the bloody things. My brothers tried to make me immune to them by having me go out hunting with them but my refusal to shoot harmless animals with not a thing I wanted to do.. and then one of my brothers snapped once and almost tried to shoot me and my two sisters... I guess we can run faster then his shot or load.

#16 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

This isn't a republican v democrat issue really - although the NRA sponsors many republican candidates many democrats are in favour of the current situation.

I'm not in favour of everyone being able to own a gun, I was just stating the original idea. Either way though its so fucked now that changing the status of the constitution wouldn't get rid of all the guns. It's something that cant really be fixed quickly. The US is pretty much fucked. Statistically that is. A nation so big with so much individual freedom is going to see this kind of thing quite often, which was my original point really. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. So make your choice - restrict individual freedom or accept shit like this is going to happen.

#17 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostDrWu, on 16 December 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

This isn't a republican v democrat issue really - although the NRA sponsors many republican candidates many democrats are in favour of the current situation.

I'm not in favour of everyone being able to own a gun, I was just stating the original idea. Either way though its so fucked now that changing the status of the constitution wouldn't get rid of all the guns. It's something that cant really be fixed quickly. The US is pretty much fucked. Statistically that is. A nation so big with so much individual freedom is going to see this kind of thing quite often, which was my original point really. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. So make your choice - restrict individual freedom or accept shit like this is going to happen.

I said that saracastically as I knew most NRA are republican.

I forget which state or states just passed a law where one can carry guns in churches or schools for this sort of thing...to protect those who are in the buildings there of. :/ signs of the times. But also in order for the teachers or church goers they have to be trained in order to do so..which makes me think would they enforce a teacher or a sub to learn to shoot..if so, I am so screwed as I will have to refuse to have to carry a gun just in order to be a teacher. :/ I really don't know if that would make things safer or add to it.

Edit: As of Friday my own homestate is part of this movement...going from schools, churches being gun free zones to teachers trained into possibly be carrying...the schools themselves have the opt to keep it gun free or to have their teachers and other people who work/ volunteer there to be train to carry. Oy!

This post has been edited by TheRobber: 16 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

#18 User is offline   Rahr 

• Buttons!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Having teachers carry guns is a great idea. Skips the part of the mentally broken down person having to gain access to the school in the first place.http://forums.babblers.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/viscon.gif

#19 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostRahr, on 16 December 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Having teachers carry guns is a great idea. Skips the part of the mentally broken down person having to gain access to the school in the first place.http://forums.babblers.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/viscon.gif

What about if a teacher snaps especially at the middle to high school levels. That would be the only downfall besides a student who may take a lucky guess and subdues one of the said teachers. :/

http://news.msn.com/...l-massacre-plot
We need more of this sort of stuff to happen to prevent such tragedies.

Another idiot. SMH...
http://gawker.com/59...ementary-school

BTW they have this sign up on a road I was driving by the other day that changes but one of the ads was a countdown to December 21, :/ umm yeah, lets just get all the psycho come out of the wood work....

This post has been edited by TheRobber: 16 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

#20 User is offline   Axey 

• Oooooh, nice drums :P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Actually, the Second amendment is badly written and open to massive interpretation: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Fucking lawyers.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users