Babblers Gaming Community: Who Ya Gonna ....vote For . - Babblers Gaming Community

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who Ya Gonna ....vote For .

Poll: Next election?

Who you voting for?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'm going pretty right wing - ukip.

The way things are atm is a piss take.

This post has been edited by King Phil: 04 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

#2 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

Explain your stance please.

#3 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'm racist.

#4 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

Other than that though.

#5 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostDrWu, on 04 June 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

Other than that though.

UKIP are the only ones with anything of interest to me. People tend to pick a party that have one or two policies they like and then vote for them ignoring everything else - I'm no different. I'm very anti-immigration, hence against freedom of movement in the EU. I'm not anti Europe exactly as there are obvious benefits, but for me personally UKIP are a good fit.

#6 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Why are you anti immigration? Are you against the 5.5 million Brits living abroad?

#7 User is offline   Dev 

• The One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Babblers Head Admin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostDrWu, on 04 June 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Why are you anti immigration? Are you against the 5.5 million Brits living abroad?

Wouldn't that be anti emigration?

#8 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

It would, just wondering why the reason for the crack down on immigration - surely if 10% of our own population benefit from living abroad then the same situation should occur here?

#9 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I know if I ever lived somewhere else it won't be England as that is the last place I would want to even go! Canada or someplace like a desert island as I am not much of a people person. ;) So vote in some immigration tax that is higher then what they would have to pay in their own homeland. LOL I know loads of people here from the states are moving away to escape obama's taxes so why not show them that they are better to stay here verses any where else. :P of course, I except none of you to response to this tidbit as you all have your heads up someone ass and can't speak for yourself as your ruler would be mad. LOL so glad I am myself and can speak solely for myself and have no worries of offending anyone. Off for a few more months to forever hopefully.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=otdHbA4GlSI for the reading impaired.

This post has been edited by TheRobber: 04 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

#10 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

If we can change immigration laws to guarantee that people like ^^^ that can't get in I'm all for it.

#11 User is offline   Zara 

• Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Who's the 'ruler' that we have to avoid upsetting? Because I, for one, resent his almost invisible guiding hand and non-existent wrath.

This post has been edited by Zara: 04 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

#12 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostSticky, on 04 June 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

If we can change immigration laws to guarantee that people like ^^^ that can't get in I'm all for it.

Amen...You preach it! You go sticky! Maybe you should go for some parliament position. I would vote for you, if I could. ROTFLMBO >.<

#13 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm with Zara, who is our leader? I need to know who to be nice to.

#14 User is offline   Jackfrost 

• Hi! I'm Mark Doyle!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

UKIP have captured their target demographic then. :heil:

#15 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'm not anti-immigration but I am anti-EU. We're undemocratic enough without the EU never mind with it. I can't get to the bottom of the finances - is it better? Is it worse? Fuck knows, both sides uses stats to prove their stance. So for me it comes down to conviction rather than facts (much the same as most politics) and I don't agree with having so many countries governed by a central government. The cultures are so diverse I just don't see how it can really work.

I seem to like foreigners as much as the average English person. Not very much in general.

#16 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostDrWu, on 04 June 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

It would, just wondering why the reason for the crack down on immigration - surely if 10% of our own population benefit from living abroad then the same situation should occur here?

Why should it? If another country don't want Brits there I'll wholeheartedly support that decision. They don't though as they bring valuable expertise and money. Yes, I know there's a tired argument for economic migration here - who'll do all the crappy jobs etc when our doleys refuse to do them. That's really another issue.

I don't like going to my local Tesco and hardly hearing English spoken, just random eastern European babble, same for my local station, and many places. It bugs me. I don't like people coming here & having kids, claiming benefits, using our infrastructure when they either have not paid anything yet or never intend to. It takes the piss. Ourselves and Norway are the only two countries left that allow it so freely. It pisses me off. I aren't even sure I'm classed as racist it's not a race thing - you can be any race you like & belong here as far as I'm concerned long as you're from here. Otherwise, fuck off.

That's why I'm more in favour of UKIP than anyone else. Besides, the other parties have ruled for how long now? Time for a change. They know it too they're all becoming more right wing to keep their share of the vote. Quickly selling out their principles & it just makes me want to vote for them even less.

This post has been edited by King Phil: 04 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

#17 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

You should probably source your material from something other than the Daily Mail, mate.

#18 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Which bit in particular are you referring to?

Anyway, forget that question. No matter which part I could quickly Google a dozen sources that aren't right wing Tabloids including our own government, but you know that.

For me, this is a more personal issue. Immigration impacts badly on me - me personally - and that's why I'm voting how I am. This is a lot more reason that most people give who regularly vote - I vote lib demo cos I always have. I vote labour cos I always have. And so on. Don't 75% of Americans just look for R or D on their local ballot? Off topic but I found that interesting.

This post has been edited by King Phil: 04 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

#19 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Well all of it really. People coming here taking our benefits and stuff. Also, 'you can be any race you like as long as you're FROM here'. I can't even begin to describe the problems with that sentence without calling you an idiot and I don't think you ARE an idiot. But read it again and see why I think it's a very illogical argument.

#20 User is offline   King Phil 

• Ye Olde Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

No it's simple really - race isn't nationality.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users