Babblers Gaming Community: Anyone Got Anything To Say? - Babblers Gaming Community

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone Got Anything To Say?

#21 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

I can't see the benefit of myfitnesspal for me personally, I can count calories and add up what im eating on a daily basis in my own head fairly easily. I can however see how it keeps you focused and all that, each to their own and all that.

In the end it all does come down to working out how many calories you need to eat per day to maintain your weight and then minusing the amount of calories per day/week that meet your weight loss goal.

http://www.freedieti..._calculator.htm

Once you understand this I dont see how something like myfitnesspal helps other than keeping a record. I dont need a record of what I eat other than on a daily basis, which I can do in my head. And I know I couldnt be arsed to input foods into a website daily.

#22 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

For my lunch I had an 8oz fillet steak with massive chips, two onion rings, mushroom sauce and two beers have I hit my limit of 800 calories for today!? Wait I had a handful of watercress as well will that knock some calories off? I will also be eating a snickers and perhaps a brownie my niece made for me. Maybe a biscuit. and some crisps.

Still well under my calorie limit, I worked it out in my head dead easy

#23 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Probably about 350 in the steak, depending on the size of the chips and rings I would bet 1000 at least, sauce probably 200, beers 250 each. I wouldnt count the cress. Snickers is about 300, brownie probably about 400. Biscuit about 100 each, depending on the biscuit. Crisps - if they were a standard walkers then about 200.

So about 3000 cals there. Good luck.

#24 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Awesome. Next, I'm going to achieve greatness, like this dude

http://www.youtube.c...C7KbE_uDo#t=214

#25 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Haha. What a fucking bellend.

I bet his next few shits were interesting.

#26 User is offline   Axey 

• Oooooh, nice drums :P
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

lol, what a tool :)

#27 User is offline   snafu 

• Sigh. YOU ARE AN E-TOWNIE.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UZEqQlOYXSo

#28 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

BRB off to get hot water bottle.

#29 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

I went to see a play in Manchester tonight in the Royal Exchange theatre. It was a two man play with one man (Daniel Kitson) in a tree and one man (Tim Key, recently seen in Alpha Papa in cinemas) underneath it. If you're in or near Manchester while it's on get a ticket and go it's pretty good. It's called Tree, funnily enough.

I think the woman in front of me thought I was a bit of a creep, though. It's a strange seating arrangement in the Royal Exchange, and my seat was much higher than hers (she was directly in front of me). She had long dark hair, which flowed over the back of her chair. Unfortunately, this meant that the end of her hair and the top of my knee were becoming very familiar with one another. Even more unfortunately, I, on a number of occasions, brushed her hair lightly with my hand as I rested it on my knee or itched it, or basically made any sort of move in the direction of my knee. When I say 'a number of occasions' I probably did it once a minute for the duration of the show (90 minutes). I realised very early on in proceedings that this was too many times to be touching an attractive stranger's hair without permission, but I was so engaged in the play I'd forget to keep my hand and knee apart and, inevitably, hair and fingers would again collide, making both of us feel uncomfortable. Her more than me, possibly.

Every time I did it I scolded myself internally, and wondered whether I should lean forward and say 'I'm sorry for touching your hair I'm honestly not a creep' but I thought that might have made it worse. She made numerous attempts to move her hair to the side of her neck so it was no longer accessible to me but each attempt was a failure, and I admired her a little for her perseverance.

She did have remarkably soft hair. I wondered whether to compliment her on it once the show ended, but again I had a feeling this may have made things worse for us both. Again, her more than me. Lovely hair though. Not that I noticed, I'm not a creep or anything.

#30 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Haha. I love stories like this - awkward social interactions. Alan Partridge could use this work!

#31 User is offline   MissRed 

• I've got my eye on you!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

I don't really post here much 'cos usually no one gives a shit but seeing as this is make-a-post thread I will

I finished my degree, registered with the health professions council so I can legally practice, and now Im on the dole, nothing unusual then.

#32 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Congrats on finishing your degree and getting a licence to practice (insert joke about how you should practice before you get a licence or something there's one there somewhere I'm certain)

what's your field of expertise?

#33 User is offline   MissRed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Cheers Sticky, I'm an Occupational Therapist (on the dole! <_< ) Mental Health is my area of interest.

http://www.nhscareer...onal-therapist/ (save anyone asking :blink: )

This post has been edited by MissRed: 22 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

#34 User is offline   Sticky 

• crawling with idiot
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Great work though MissRed, I've dealt with loads of mental health people over the couple of years and I know how difficult the job is. Hope you get something soon, the NHS needs more people like you!

#35 User is offline   MissRed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

lol cheers Sticky, I just wish they'd see it that way ^_^

#36 User is offline   Axey 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Maybe you could start providing therapy for some of the people who post on here ? :) lol

#37 User is offline   MissRed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'd be overworked Axey :lol:

#38 User is offline   Axey 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

ha haha more than likely :rolleyes:

#39 User is offline   TheRobber 

• Cookie Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostAxey, on 24 September 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Maybe you could start providing therapy for some of the people who post on here ? :) lol

Yep I need loads of HELP!!!!! So where is your imaginary sofa? I just want to punch someone in their handsome face. :D Imagine that, its no one from here.

Chat in a few days as I am sure I will get a lovely ban. Although some nice music would go swell with it if you guys could tell me some of your faves besides Mozart etc. that I listen to.

#40 User is offline   DrWu 

• The Walrus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

This thread is all about you, in your head, isn't it? Whenever you show up, which isn't very often, you turn everything around into it being about you.

How do you know how handsome we are?

Why do you want to punch us in the face? Why would you come here and make such a statement out of the blue?

Why would you be banned? Has anyone been banned recently?

Are you reliant on us to give you musical advice? What the fuck are you on about?

Why do you keep coming here?

Here's a big one: Can you answer any of these questions without referring to your family, your life, your personal situation? No rambling about "well, my sister, who has this guy living with her, once said something about someone that you don't know and cant appreciate, and I wont go into detail but you should know that what this meant to me was that as soon as I started doing this thing that meant this event that you also don't know about happened and, well, this meant that when I met this guy who you also don't know - and why would you know, you're all abusive to me anyway and all you do is ban me and then when im banned all you do is (etc)"

In fact, can you detail a personal day that you experience? It would be good to understand it. Do you work, what do you do? Kids? Looking after a house?

I find you to be very weird.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users